User Reviews – Hwange NP

We saw all the animals we could expect to see including wild dogs on a hunt, lions, cheeta, leopard, lots of elephants, giraffs, kudus, stein bok, duikers, hippos, crocodiles and many more.

Hwange NP is very interesting and offers different landscapes. The wildlife was, due to the wheather, reduced (in comparison with Chobe NP e.g.), but we saw, that a lot of animals live there!

The camp site was terrific, near the lake, during the night we heard the hippos walking around, really beautiful!

[see my main review]

cool

nice yo

Abundant wildlife, professional guides. Fantastic camps.

So much wild life and wonderful birds

A real wildlife experience

Hwange is a superb destination to experience a real wildlife adventure. The guiding is of an exceptional standard, the best I have experienced on a number of trips to Africa including Namibia, South Africa and Tanzania. The use of concessions allows for walking safaris which add another very enjoyable element to the experience.
I visited during November which is a season of change in Hwange, we only had one day when it rained in the 8 nights we spent in the park. 2016 was the second year of drought in southern Africa and the landscape and scenery were affected by it and clearly animals had suffered. However we saw excellent wildlife and were lucky enough to see a Leopard at the waterhole at one camp one evening.
The camps are all of a good standard with good food and service. None of the camps we stayed in were fenced so perhaps not for the nervous or first time safari.
Roads are rough so be prepared to be bounced about a bit.
Overall an unmissable destination if wildlife is your thing.

Couldn't have been more amazing

Spent two nights at Elephants Eye lodge and had an amazing full day game drive through Hwange National Park. We saw so many animals and had such a great day. Would go back in a heartbeat!

HNP is one of the best compare with others in Zambia and Zimbabwe

I did electrification of Hwange NP as Chief Electrical Engineer visited many times with wife & twin sons from May 93 to Jul 89

I feel that Hwange National park is outstanding destination. I saw so much wildlife,and felt that there was an outstanding bush vibe.I will return.

• 4.7/5