Hwange National Park- Weather & Climate Hwange Safaris
Climate chart Hwange National Park – 834-1,149m/2,736-3,770ft
* Averages based on 50 years of monthly climate data, taken from 1km2 (0.39mi2) interpolated climate surfaces.
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
- April – This month brings an end to the Wet season with rains becoming increasingly less. The nights are cool. Prepare for early morning games drives in open vehicles to be cold.
- May, June, July, August – The coldest months of winter (although it starts to warm up a bit in August). It is a very dry time. Daytime temperatures are around 26°C/79°F, but it gets very cold at night with average temperatures of around 7°C/40°F.
- September, October – The dry weather continues but is broken up by the first rains in late October. This settles the dust and brings new vegetation. Daytime temperatures are over 32°C/90°F. October is the hottest month, and temperatures frequently peak over 40°C/104°F.
- November – This month brings a start to the rainy season, although it is rare for rain to fall every day. It is still hot, and daytime temperatures average around 32°C/90°F.
- December, January & February – The wettest months bring rain most days, but rarely lasting the whole day. Rains are usually afternoon showers, followed by hours of sunshine – although it can also drizzle continuously for a couple of days. Daytime temperatures average 29°C/84°F, while night and early mornings average 18°C/64°F.
- March – Temperatures average between 30°C/86°F and 16°C/61°F, and the Wet season slowly comes to an end.