User Reviews – Kenya

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-10 of 685 Reviews
All we hoped for and more.

Our Kenya holiday was everything we hoped for and more, thrilling fascinating breathtaking emotional and beautiful.
The thrills came from spotting the many different animals we were lucky enough to spot on our game drives and a visit to our lodges floodlit watering hole by a family of Elephants as we got ready for bed.
The Kenyan way of life was fascinating from the villagers earning a living by selling water and goods in the middle of the road to the crazy traffic zigzaging around the streets in both Nairobi and Mombasa.
The clear view of Mount Kilimanjaro from our tent at Kibo safari camp in Amboseli NP gave us breathtaking views as did the vast savanna plains of Tsavo west opening up in front of us as we entered the restaurant at Kiliguni lodge.
The sight of baby orphaned Elephants racing out of the forest to recieve giant bottles of milk from there handlers and several Lion cubs playfully wrestling with there mothers on the roadside in Tsavo East were both emotional spectacles.
The colourful floral grounds and white sands that were washed by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean at Diani sea resort was a beautiful setting for our journey to end and
the final mention goes to our safari tour operator Transtrek safaris who made it all possible and there guide James who was an exceptional host.
If you are reading these reviews to decide if Kenya is a worthwhile place to visit, stop and book it now. It was an amazing experience.

Amazing

Incredible wildlife experience.
Samburu was the highlight.
Some poor service from our tour company, African Breeze - including downgrading hotels without warning to save themselves money (we were not offered a refund).

You need to see it at least once in your life with your own eyes

It was so amazing )good camp,but we don’t have WiFi and don’t know what we need to do after safari))we had seen more animals (more liones,and rhinos)it was good food,nothing especially but good.if you planning to visit will bring a candy for children;)!it was a long way before camp ,but we haven’t a problem with water,our driver had a lot))so will come and see this beautiful place with beautiful people

That was my favorite trip ever

Daniel was an incredible guide, and showed us an unbelievable week. My partner and I spent seven days on safari. We went to Masa Mara, Lake Nakuru, Amboselli and Tsavo East. We saw 4/5 of the big five and so many other animals. The camps were modest, but nice. They all had a very warm vibe. The Red Elephant Lodge was amazing. Daniel could not have been a better guide. When we return we will definitely use him as our guide again.

The Masai Mara was great!

I truly enjoyed my time at the Masai Mara Reserve. From the moment I arrived, the employees at the lodge were welcoming and accomodating. It felt like we were one big family and we got to know the waiters and workers in the restaurant very well. Our guide, Edward, was also great. He really helped us understand the Masai Mara and went out of his way to help us find the Big 5. We saw three of the five and lots of other animals. I would highly recommend this company. They took care of everything from A to Z.

Wonderful

We have completed an amazing safari and holiday with the help of Lisa and our travel guide Dan. Dan has a very good knowledge about the nature and the habitat also very good driver. He did his best for us. We have visited all 5 big, it was amazing experience for us. The choice of accomodation points that they offer also was so good and comfortable. Lisa from King Tomondo who helped us to organize a very best plan for a safari was very helpful and experienced person. She helped in every point that we need. We want to thank all King Tomondo crew for a great unforgetable Kenya Safari tour. Hope to meet again.

Amazing experience!

We visited Kenya in February and stayed 5 days in Nairobi, 3 days in MasaiMara and 5 days in Mombasa.
In Masai Mara we had a great safari which was full of adventure. We had not even entered the MasaiMara when we saw giraffes, zebras and smaller animals. At the MasaiMara we saw 4 animals from the big five ( did not catch a rhino but some people from our crew went to lake nakuru and there were plenty of rhinos).
Weather was really nice. It did not rain at all.
Our accomodation was in place near the MasaiMara village and 3 minute drive from the main entrance to MasaiMara.
Our guide was Amazing. One day when we came from safari and drove by a little village where we saw a discotec we asked if it might be possible to visit it at the evening. The place where we stayed in cooperation with our guide organized a local guy from the traditional MasaiMara village to be our accompanist. It was the cherry on the cake. Locals showed us how to dance and overall it was a really nice ending for our safari.

Dream come true!!! Unforgettable experience!!!

Our safari is finished and I have to say, everything was perfect and exactly as described on Safaribookings. We did 4 days: Tsavo East and Amboseli with Bienvenido Kenya Tours and Safaris. Our driver Mutemi arrived right on time and from the outset was friendly, professional and informative. He spoke English very well and we have learned so much from him about the animals, nature and culture! We spotted a lot of animals within the first hour and also during the other game drives. Our expectations have certainly been exceeded. The quality of the accommodation and food varied and was what we had expected or better. We recommend this webpage, Bienvenido tour operator and Kenya one hundred percent.

Safari and campsite was an excellent and once in a lifetime experience

Overall everything in Kenya was wonderful, impressive wildlife, beautiful scenery, good weather, nice accommodations, good food, very friendly safari guide. The only downturn is that traffic is bad and hectic.

Great Safari with Mufasa!

I personally did not arrange this Safari in Kenya for myself, but this was a gift that my wife and I gave to our parents after our marriage.

I dealt and agreed all details with Lewis from Mufasa: he was super professional and precise. I asked lots of questions and made some adjustments to the original plan he proposed me: everything has been friendly and professionally agreed before our parents' departure. Lewis arranged also to reserve an Italian-speaker guide for the whole trip! That was a great added value to our parents trip.

The Safari itself was class, according to our parents' feedback! Our parents and the guide got along very well since the beginning and the trip plan has been carefully respected. We arranged a 10-days safari across Amboseli NP, Aberdare, Samburu NP, Lake Nakuru NP and Maasai Mara NP. Lots of wildlife has been spotted (elephants, rhynos, giraffes, lions and cheetas feasting around fresh carcasses, despite no leopard shown during the 10 days). Weather was great and accomodations were above expectations, considering a mid-sized budget.

I would then reccomend:
- a safari in Kenya in February across the 5 parks
- Mufasa as a trusted Safari company for your Safari.

Cheers!