User Reviews – Kruger NP

kruger park is big and has many opportunities for wildlife viewing

The possibility of seeing virtually any animal is always exciting. The fascination of being able to see just about any behaviour is also a bonus.
The park is so immense that it is impossible to rate all of it's scenery. There are certainly parts that are exceptionally beautiful, but others that can be monotonous.
The vibe can vary from completely brilliant to very frustrating, depending on the tourist season and business. There always parts where one can get away though and be alone in the bush.
The birding can be absolutely exceptional, again always with the excitement of the possibility of virtually anything turning up.

The variation of the landscape is very impressive! With the appropriate animals (cheeta's)! The rest Camps are phantastic!

In two days you can see nearly all wild animals

Kruger has its lovers and haters, but it is the most awesome self-drive wildlife destination due to its sheer size and variety. Though you do have to put up with lots of regulations, and plenty other road users. Not all of them mechanized...

All in one package, incredible!

Excellent to see game in this world renown park. The southern section is particular.

Great wildlife - tons and tons of animals accompanied by beautiful trees and plants. There were paved roads, lots of tourists and you could drive your own car in, but that didn't deter me from loving my trip to Kruger. The park is the size of a small country, so there is PLENTY of room and lots of places to go. The wildlife, scenery, accommodations, food, transportation, guide...everything was put together well for a wonderful trip. We traveled in a big truck that had tons of seats and room and a top. We camped in permanent tents at night and had bathrooms with running water right next to us. The food was all included, but the whole group helped cook the meals. Our guide was great and knew a TON of information about the park, but was also quite funny! I completely 100% recommend Kruger as a safari destination.

Kruger is the daddy of them all and although some bits are over visited there are many that are still simple, unspoiled and true to nature. The new park policies are making this a more frequent experience.

Exceeded my first safari expectations

It was my first safari ever, and it was just amazing. I did not expect to watch the wildlife such as near as I did. I was able to see the big five (leopards, lions, rhinos, elefants and buffalos), but also many others like giraffes, zebras, monkies, kudus, impalas, and a lot more whose name I cannot remember. I was amazed also about the variety and quantity of birds.
I overnighted in a luxury lodge, where everything was just perfect: the food, the acommodation, the staff, the safari drives, the bushwalks...
I am sure I will repeat this unforgettable experience in the future.

• 4.7/5