User Reviews – Kruger NP

Not many birds migrating at this time

A bit too crowded. Lots of vehicles at most sightings

Amazing overall.

I had the chance to see Elephants, lions , zebra and many animals on their own habitat, It's an overwhelming experience that I will never forget!

What we exprienced in one week is enough to remember for the rest of our lives. At least 30 lions, 3 leopards with cubs, rhino's, hippo's, crocs, hyena's, buffaloes, really hundreds of elephants, antilopes, beautiful birds and many, many more. We saw a croc catching an impala, two lionesses after a kill while the vultures were fighting for the remainders. Unbelievable and awesome.

Amazing experience, endless vistas, the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets, large viewings of so many different species of animals in different environments, amazing!

I expected to see a large number of birds in number and species.

Experience the uniqueness of the true African Bush when you visit Kruger National Park

I have been going to the Kruger National Park most of my life as i used to live in SA. Now that i am no longer living in SA, i long for the true African bush of the Kruger park even more. I probably took too many of those unique and thrilling wildlife sightings for granted all those years ago. There is no place on earth like the Kruger National park. A huge amount of land proclaimed for hundreds of years to the sole purpose of preserving the African wildlife. The park offers self drives options for "huts" and "camping" facilities. You can drive yourself around, or one can stay in the more private lodges with game lodges. My favorite is the self drive option, as your time is your own.
From the excitement of entering the park main gates, when you know you have finally arrived! Deep breath of fresh air, no pollution, the smell of the bush. Its hard to describe, grass, dust, wildlife- its unique! Then the slow drives to camps. The excitement of tuning out all the modern day distractions of cell phones and digital connection, and just driving slowly listening for animal sounds, and bird calls. Keeping your eyes peeled for any signs of movement. From spotting the impalas, to buffalo, then the excitement of seeing the cats! Everyday and every might is a unique experience. Plan your route to leave camp early, catch the sunrise of absolute beauty, stop at the picnic spots, cook an African bush breakfast, head back to camp stopping for elephant road blocks and cats starting the evening prowl for prey. Catch the glorious colours of an African sunset, before sitting under the vast sky of stars. It's a very special place on earth

Kruger seems to be bush (where I was at least), which is more enclosed by vegetations, trees and hilly terrain. If you want the expansive type of visits where you see herds of giraffe galloping across the wide open plain, or the "great migration", my sense is that that is more in Kenya. But Kruger is exactly what it should be, and I was thrilled with my overall experience, and the plethora/variety of animals I saw. NEXT trip (Hopefully), I will go to Kenya, and then also see the gorillas in Rwanda. (I stand to be corrected if other areas of Kruger are more wide open. It's huge). I did NOT go to the public part of Kruger close to Johannesburg, for example, because I wanted to stay away from those crowds, so I can't comment on that area but the Youtube videos are not enticing (crowding, paved roads; undisciplined, "self drivers", etc).

• 4.7/5