User Reviews – Kruger NP

Amazing experience, endless vistas, the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets, large viewings of so many different species of animals in different environments, amazing!

I expected to see a large number of birds in number and species.

Kruger seems to be bush (where I was at least), which is more enclosed by vegetations, trees and hilly terrain. If you want the expansive type of visits where you see herds of giraffe galloping across the wide open plain, or the "great migration", my sense is that that is more in Kenya. But Kruger is exactly what it should be, and I was thrilled with my overall experience, and the plethora/variety of animals I saw. NEXT trip (Hopefully), I will go to Kenya, and then also see the gorillas in Rwanda. (I stand to be corrected if other areas of Kruger are more wide open. It's huge). I did NOT go to the public part of Kruger close to Johannesburg, for example, because I wanted to stay away from those crowds, so I can't comment on that area but the Youtube videos are not enticing (crowding, paved roads; undisciplined, "self drivers", etc).

Kruger is massive and has everything. Staying inside the park really gives visitors a remarkable experience.

A unique, rewarding and magnific experience!

We had the chance to go on a safari under a beautiful sun! Unfortunately, we did not see any lions and leopards! The rangers have done everything so that we can see them but without success! Despite everything, we could see an extraordinary wildlife and flora. Isaac, our ranger, transmitted us throughout the day, his good mood and his love for nature and his country. Regarding the accommodation, nothing to complain about. The lodges are equipped with outdoor showers that provide an original experience. For an aperitif, I advise to take a bottle of South African rosé at the bar and then go eat in the big covered room next. In our cicuit was scheduled 2 days at Kruger Park but one or two more days would have been fine.

plenty of birds, just not what we came to see. The wildlife was spectacular, very primitive and wild scenery, loved staying in the tent cabins in the park.

Best local holiday in ages

All I can say is 10 out of 10. We stayed in Mopani. Everything was working and clean. The stuff was wonderful and friendly. Roads in a good condition, and animal sightings at least twice a day. The staff also assisted with a little personal emergency we had, and everything worked out just fine.

We were picked up at Joburg airport and the journey to Kruger is not short. We went on a 9 seat van that was ok, but the journey is very long and had 3 stops.
At last, we arrive at our lodge and there were hippos bathing in the lake in front and elephants around. There were so many animals... We were so excited that we forgot the long journey in 10 seconds. The swimming pool is essential in the lodge because the heat in the middle of the day is unbearable.
We did a sunset Safari and we saw lots of animals: Impalas, Zebras, Elephants, Rhinos and Hyenas and when it got dark we were the only ones in the road with 2 big flashlights searching for more animals.
In the next day our guide ask us for our expectation, and we ask to go look for the cats. He did it, we saw lions and even a leopard eating an impala and climbing a tree to eat it. It was amazing.
After lunch it was too hot and all the animals were hidden in the bush so I would recommend a morning and afternoon safari if possible instead of an all-day safari.
In the second day it was even more impressing with lions crossing the roads and even a fight between a lion and a lioness 15meters away from us. We saw a one week elephant so clumsy.. And so many other things. We loved it.

The experience of being able to live close to the animal world is simply incredible!

South Africa really surprised me in every way: cultural, human and animal life!
The safari experience is an incredible experience that must be experienced by every person in the world ... it is a unique moment where you see up close how the animals live and hunt. It is a trip for all types of travelers: families, couples, seniors!

It was great