- Office In:
- 10-20 employees (Founded in 2007)
- Member Of:
- SATSA, SAYTC & TGCSA
- Tour Types:
- Customizable private tours and fixed group tours
- Price Range:
- $75 to $2,144 ppper person per day (USD, excl. int'l flights)
Email Lyndsay | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Outstanding service from all Moafrika Tours.
I contacted Moafrika Tour Operators shortly before arriving in South Africa, and from the beginnig everyone I dealt was so helpful. We booked a 2 day 1 night stay at the Pilansberg Game Park. Sunny and Keith were our drivers and they went above and beyond. Excellent service. We had loads of game drives and saw heaps of animals including the illusive leopard. The game rangers were excellent and wanted to make sure we saw as many animals as possible. Our accommodation was good, and suited our budget. Overall we had a great stay and the service 5-star!!! Thank you all at Moafrika Tours.
Email Desta | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Email Balram | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Superb from start to finish
I stumbled upon MoAfrika Tours online while planning a safari as a birthday trip for my mother. This being our first trip to Africa, we were a little apprehensive and wanted to work with an honest and competent tour agency. Within 24 hours of requesting a quotation on MoAfrika's website, I was contacted by Anthony, a founder of the company, who promptly and proactively provided detailed information about the available packages and offered thoughtful, useful suggestions. Formal quotations were issued quickly, and were all-inclusive; no hidden fees. The team was polite and responsive without exception, even as our plans evolved, and would often respond to my messages even outside their office hours. The prices represented very good value (confirmed by independent comparison), and the team was always reasonable and flexible in accommodating the exigencies of our trip (e.g. an early morning arrival). We were met at OR Tambo Airport by Arnold, who went the extra mile to give us a warm welcome to South Africa after our overnight flight by pointing out interesting landmarks, sharing some of the history of the region and allowing plenty of time for photographs and rest stops during the transfer to the Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge in Pilanesberg. After an incredible four days at Shepherd's Tree (an excellent recommendation by Anthony), we were taken on a lovely closed vehicle game drive by a MoAfrika guide before being collected by Arnold for the transfer to our hotel in Johannesburg. The following day, we were taken on a wonderful tour of Johannesburg by another MoAfrika guide, Cpho, who shared his personal experiences as a resident of Soweto to bring an already very informative program to life. At every stage of our trip, the team checked in on us and politely sought feedback. They were always ready to help: when our hotel in Johannesburg cancelled our fully-paid reservation on arrival due to 'overbooking', I reached out to Anthony, who immediately coordinated the change in pickup location for the following day's tour even though the MoAfrika office had closed for the day. In sum, MoAfrika Tours went above and beyond in every possible way, offering exceptional value for money, unfailing reliability and first-class service. They have truly earned my unreserved recommendation.
Email KOH | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Inattentive to details and lack of commitment to deliver
We booked a total of 11d 10n trip with MOAFRIKA.
Overall experience was acceptable but there are a lot of rooms for improvement in terms of service level to suffice the basic expectation of a customer.
communication, commitment, attentiveness and etc.
1) booked on full day Soweto tour 4 months ago but was informed 1 day before the tour that apartheid museum is closed on Tuesday. Ended up not able to visit the museum. Was told that we could try make up for it on other days after the safari but no follow up from MOAFRIKA at all. The opening of the museum should have been known to any local tour operator. How could this even possibility overlooked?
2) for our trip to green field lodge, MOAFRIKA sublet us on other transport company which had 4 more other stops to drop off from south before us at north. Our overall transport duration from joburg airport to Greenfire gate took us approx. 10hours. 0700 - 1700hrs. This leaded us to miss our afternoon game drive at 1530hrs. The driver/ MOAFRIKA should already know that this route the van is taking will not get us to Greenfire in time. This could be avoided if driver could drop us first at north before routing down south to drop others.
The transfer from Greenfire gate to Greenfire lodge takes 45mins. MOAFRIKA should have known and find us a transport to bring us there within 7hours which means it would be a direct transfer in order for us to reach the gate by 1400HRS to be transferred into Greenfire lodge, checked in and ready for the game drive.
I had to personally inform MOAFRIKA that we are not going to make it in time and all I get was ok, I will inform the lodge. No effort to try on compensating this loss caused by their miss planning.
3) photos of the room at tremisan game lodge safari presented to us in quotation is misleading. We were allocated a small room as compared to the one we were presented when receiving the quotation. Feed-backed to MOAFRIKA and was informed that the receptionist will try to make adjustment for us. Went to the receptionist to follow up on next morning. Disappointed to hear: “at the moment, we are very full. I’ll try my best to change the room but no promise. All my guest booked a year in advance. If you have specific room, you need to let us know. “
Well, all we are asking is only what we have been offered before and nothing more. But she sounded that it’s our fault and we should be shortchanged due to her being full.
4) there is no proactiveness from MOAFRIKA to share driver/ PIC contact detail 1 day prior to any trip. I had to follow up on my own and at times I had to wait for them to get back.
Email Nina | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
It was a great adventure to go with MoAfrika Tours to Pilanesberg for a Game Drive. Everything was well organised and our guide Sunny was such a nice, talkative and energetic person, who really loves what he is doing. We had a great and amazing experience and we would definitely recommend this tour. It's totally worth it.
Email Neha | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Email Rachel | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
I had a fantastic time with this company, the booking process was very straight forward and Sunny the driver who picked us up and dropped us home was wonderful. Tumi our park guide was very knowledgeable and did an incredible job tracking down 4 of the big 5 and Cheetahs.
As a solo traveler I would highly recommend this company and will certainly use them again
Email Shivani Kumar | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Excellent tour - Knowledgeable guide
Mo was my tour guide, and he’s fantastic. I literally saw everything in 8 hours, and he came inside museums and explained the main exhibits. I learned so much during our talks in the car, and since he’s from Soweto, there was a personal touch to his stories. He’s truly passionate about his culture, history, and job, and that’s what made a difference overall.
I highly recommend this company!
Email Emilie | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
It was a fantastic experience!
The 6-hour game drive was wonderful. Bernard was an excellent tour guide and we saw so many great animals. He was so informative and knew a ton of interesting and relevant information that made the day extra special. Keith was a wonderful driver and got me safely and smoothly to and from the park!
Email Kayla | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by MoAfrika Tours, not SafariBookings
- The tours offered by MoAfrika Tours are subject to their terms & conditions