- Located In:
United KingdomUnited States
- 20-50 employees (Founded in 1993)
- Member Of:
- ATOL, TATO, TTB, ABTA & KPAP
- Tour Types:
- Custom mid-range & luxury tours that can start every day
- Price Range:
- $100 to $2,000 ppper person per day (USD, excl. int'l flights)
Average User Rating
Email Katie McMahon | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Do not book with Safarihub
I do not recommend this company for many reasons.
1) They are not very good at responding to emails (this should have been my first sign to go with another company).
2) My safari experience (6-Day Kili Safari) guaranteed a 4x4 Land Cruiser. Instead, for my 6 day safari I was in different dilapidated, falling apart 4x4 vans.
3) I was given hardly ANY information on my safari. So little information that when I actually arrived in Kenya, instead of going to Amboseli, then Naivasha, and then Masai Mara, they reversed the itinerary. Not a big deal except I sent my detailed itinerary to my employer (for security) and my family so they knew how to contact me. I did not realize the change until I was literally in the van on Sunday morning driving to Masai Mara. Although I was picked up at my hotel early Sunday morning for the start of my safari, I was never, ever given any information on the safari, the itinerary, the drive times, lunch plans, etc. I can't iterate enough how in the dark was at all times. I would attempt to ask the guide but he always seemed clueless as to what was happening.
4) Although I booked with Safarihub, a Kenya subcontractor actually handled my safari. Although they weren't terrible, they weren't great either. On one day I was shuffled between 3 different vans and 3 different companies to try to get me from Masai Mara to Naivasha. When I booked this safari for a good amount of money, I assumed I would be dealing with one company and one guide the whole time. I was very mistaken. Had I been given a heads up, I would have been better prepared. But on one of the days, I kept being shuttled between different people and different vans and it made me very uncomfortable, especially as a solo traveler. The guide could not even tell me how I was getting to Masai Mara to Naivasha the day before I was supposed to go there because he said his boss hadn't figured it out yet!
5) The morning I was picked up to begin my safari adventure, I was told we would all meet at Somak Lounge. Wrong! Instead I was taken to a street in downtown Nairobi and put in another van. No briefing, no food, no drinks, no lounge, just straight into a random van to start our journey. I was already pretty apprehensive due to the recent terrorist threats. Having me driven to a random street in downtown Nairobi without any check-in or anything was pretty scary. Basically, everything that was promised to me did not happen, except the lodging and parks (which were all amazing!!!).
6) I had been provided a detailed itinerary with the plans each day. That was complete BS. We never once followed the itinerary - in fact, the sub contracting company said they were never provided with my itinerary so had no idea I had been promised certain things. For instance, I was supposed to make it to Amboseli in time for an evening game drive - never happened. I was supposed to have early morning game drives followed by breakfast back at the lodging - never happened, not once. In their defense, two of the 6 days we had 10 hour game days so didn't have time to come back for breakfast or lunch but it would have been nice to know that was the plan beforehand. Communication is key. Why promise me something if you don't intent to honor it?
7) My contract specifically states "We also take pride in our safari vehicle fleet, which is young (less than 3 years old) and well maintained; consequently, breakdowns and other mechanical complications while you are on safari will be rare." This is a complete lie. The vans we were in were extremely old and falling apart. On the drive from Naivasha to Amboseli, our van broke down and we were stuck on the side of the road for over an hour. It would have been longer but a nice driver from another safari company (Jockey - the guests in that van recommended their company) gave me a ride to Amboseli Sopa Lodge (2 hrs away). Also, while on safari in Masai Mara our van broke down but I think they may have had something to do with stopping so much to look at animals so I can't fault them for that.
8) Each morning (except for the last 2 mornings) the guides were at least 25 mins late to pick me up. As mentioned above, I had so many different guides and van drivers that it was hard to keep them straight. However, my last guide/driver (Francis) was AWESOME and the highlight of my whole trip! The rest were not good at all.
9) In conclusion, I do not recommend Safarihub. I spent about $1,500 on this 6 day, 5 night Kili safari for a single traveler but it was such a logistical nightmare and communication was so bad with Safarihub, I do not recommend them. I do realize if I had paid more money, I probably would have gotten a better company, so if you are short cash, then I will say that nothing takes away from the animals and the Sopa Lodges - they both were fantastic. But you might want to think about looking at other companies if you can.
Email Arno | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
We went on an 8-day trip to Tanzania in December 2019 which was excellent. It was very well organised, we liked all the selected accommodations, well equipped Safari jeeps and our driver-guide knew a lot! Safarihub Tour operator is definitely recommendable!
Email Sarah McKeown | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Amazing trip! We were nervous at first as never had step foot in Africa but Alica was at hand to keep us calm and plan an action packed itinerary. The selection of lodges and activities was spot on and we saw soooooo many animals. A last minute beach vacay to Zanzibar was arranged by safarihub and they handled all the bookings and flight changes...Everything was perfect
Email Elena Prozorova | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Will use again
The consultant who planned our trip was Calvin and he was very thorough and accommodating right from the beginning. Being OCD attention to detail is very important to me, followed by the budget. Everything fell into place and our Safari was just AWESOME,,difficult to describe in few words. We saw the big 5 and Hassani our driver guide was super fun and knoew where all the animals hung out. Thanks for the experience, will spread the word.
Email Elizabeth T | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
5 days with Singita
Everything was perfectly planned from drivers and accommodation bookings to balloon safaris and mingling with the nomads. Couldn’t have asked for anything more. Clara did a fab job and she knows her stuff! Will recommend her to friends and family. Thanks for going the extra mile.
Email Berry Hawkins | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Email Wayne Brown | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Safari during the outbreak
Safarihub were able to make all relevant date changes at a such short notice due the Corona virus pandemic. Under the circumstances we still managed to have a fantastic Safari although the virus threat was always there. Safarihub were able to make all relevant date changes at a such short notice due the Corona virus pandemic. Under the circumstances we still managed to have a fantastic Safari although the virus threat was always there.
We will most definitely do a similar trip once this virus clears away
Email Jeane Dickey | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Our guide was fantastic
Safarihub did an amazing job and our guide Manase knew the national parks very well taking us to hideouts of the lions, leopards, cheetahs and rhinos. Unforgettable experience in Africa, and I will be back for more and will undoubtedly book with safari hub again. Thanks.
Email Belinda Jones | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Amazing from start to end
Our trip with Safarihub was simply amazing. The consultant listened to our requirements keenly while maintaining our budget and created the dream Safari for us. I would highly recommend to anyone to use Safarihub!
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Safarihub, not SafariBookings
- The tours offered by Safarihub are subject to their terms & conditions