Jocky Tours and Safaris
- Office In:
- 5-10 employees (Founded in 2002)
- Member Of:
- AMREF & KWS
- Tour Types:
- Custom budget & mid-range tours that can start every day
- Price Range:
- $50 to $200 ppper person per day (USD, excl. int'l flights)
for a custom tour
Your request will be sent directly to the operator
If preferred, you can contact the operator directly
Email Brady | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
My safari was amazing. The tour guide, Jimmy, was great. He was very friendly and accommodating. The places we stayed had good wifi, great food, and were very clean. We saw many animals and our tour guide even went out early with us to ensure we saw as many animals as we could.
Email Sonja | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
What a journey!
Our guide James Munyiri was a great companion on our safari to the Masai Mara and lake Nakuru. His experience and extensive knowledge, passion for nature and wildlife as well as smooth and safe driving of the 4x4 Land Cruiser made our trip the most memorable time. Being on safari with James is less being with a usual guide and more being on tour with a friend. We would recommend James in a heartbeat and hope we can book him again in future. Thanks, James!
Jiri & Sonja
Email Brayden | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Perfect Private Tour, Unbelievable Experience!
The safari was perfect for our group. We had Jimmy for our guide and he made sure we had everything we needed, from seeing all we hoped for to making sure our accommodations went smoothly. He went the extra mile to always get us the best views and make sure we were happy. He answered all our questions and was very knowledgeable about animals and about Kenya in general. We feel lucky to have had him!
Would highly recommend doing a private tour, it was so nice to have the extra room and the ability to get out earlier than we probably could have trying to coordinate with others. We felt like we were in the best vehicle in the whole park!
We stayed at the Enkorok camp and Sarova Woodlands. Both were excellent with especially delicious meals.
We saw everything we had hoped for, and even young/babies of almost everything. The whole experience was even better than I had hoped! Would highly recommend Jocky, and get Jimmy if you can!
Email Ashlie | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
We went on a 4-day safari with Jocky Tours, and Jimmy was our tour guide. I’m still in awe about the things I got to see while on this tour! Jimmy was the best about making sure we got the best views and photos of every single animal. The Enkorak camp was comfortable and provided great food and the Sarova hotel was incredible. Jocky Tours will take great care of you, and are super flexible and responsive. I highly recommend a private Jeep tour - we were unstoppable off-road, and got the best possible safari experience.
Email Bill | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Great guide and itinerary, but accommodation varied from super to awful
Our guide, Johnny, was fantastic and knowledgeable, with a great sense of fun. He made everything work and nothing was too much trouble. We thoroughly enjoyed the few days we spent with him.
Everything was well organized and ran very smoothly. The parks were astonishingly beautiful and Johnny did a terrific job of showing and explaining the huge variety of wildlife they have to offer.
Sadly, the quality of the accommodation proved to be highly variable:
The Lenchada camp in Mesai Mala was very basic, but decent;
The Flamingo Hill Camp at Lake Nakuru was an absolute delight;
The Dove's Nest in Naivasha was simply appalling.
This is such a shame as it cast a pall over the otherwise excellent work of our guide and good organization of the safari.
Email Jason | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Jimmy went above and beyond our expectations for the safari
The 4 day tour to Maasai Mara and Nakaru was incredible. Getting to see all the animals was an incredible experience, bonus was seeing all the big 5!
Email Joachim | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
That was one of the best experience in my life. 6 Days Tour (Mara/Nakuru/Amboseli) was amazing!
Jimmy (our driver) was waiting for us on time under the hotel. Then hd took us to the best 6 days tour. Everything was organised fantastic! In the Jocky office there is a possibility to pay by card!
Jimmy is not only a fantastic driver, but also a great guide.
Email Ronald | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Over promised, and under delivered.
The guide Joseph was fine. He was accommodating and knowledgeable.
The accommodation at Lenchada Tourist Camp was super sub-standard.
1. I was in a single tent that looked nothing like what was presented on the website. The bathroom looked like a prison bathroom; it was unclean with plenty of cracked tiles and mold.
2. There was no Wi-Fi, even though the website promised Wi-Fi. When I inquired about the service, I was told, "It's broken".
3. The food service was chicken; chicken and more Fing chicken cooked the same exact way every dinner. And it was not high-quality food. It was a buffet designed to spend the least among of money. They frequently run out of food.
4. The security was below standard. My tent zipper kept malfunctioning and would not close properly. A baboon was able to entire my tent and steal my backpack while I was on safari. Although the backpack was recovered, my clothes were spread on wet ground, plus my laptop and camera were damaged.
5. Luke warm water that you had to request be turned on.
6. Limited electricity (6:30 pm - 10:00pm and 5:30 am-7:00 am). Again, this was not disclosed in the advertisement.
7. Dirty carpet and plenty of insects.
8. A mosquito net with holes.
Not worth the $340 cash (they insisted on cash for a good reason, I would contest the charge on my card if they accepted credit or debit) I paid for three days. In short, the trip was over advertised and under provided.
Email Chris | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: first safari
A Great 3 days
Our tour guide was Jimmy, who we had for a 3 day Safari in the Masai Mara. He proved to be very punctual & knowledgeable. Using the CB radio network, he was able to find all the top sightings throughout the day. We also on occasion, were the the 1st on the seen. Overall great value or money.
Email Ash | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Had a great safari with Jimmy as our driver. Would highly recommend , he went above and beyond to help us find as many of the big 5 as he could!
An enjoyable experience all round with great knowledge of both the area and the surrounding wildlife.
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Jocky Tours and Safaris, not SafariBookings
- The tours offered by Jocky Tours and Safaris are subject to their terms & conditions