User Reviews – South Africa

A once in a lifetime experience

The whole trip was booked by Patrick who was so incredibly helpful. I am a travel agent and won tickets to South Africa. I had no idea about S Africa at all. I did my due diligence to find a good tour operator. After reading reviews of Milotours I decided to book with them. Patrick was fast getting me a price and literally walked me through everything I ever need to know for my trip. I feel like I sent him an endless barrage of emails with a ton of questions and Patrick was patient and answered them all. even my questions about tipping the Safari leaders. Our guides were amazing and really knowledgeable. They were actually rangers from Kruger park so they know the park like the back of their hands. they were able to spot wildlife that we would have never seen on our own. when Rasta our favorite guide stopped at night and pointed out a chameleon that was maybe 6 inches in a tree, I was convinced he must have had a bionic eye.

The scenery was amazing. the weather was great, although very cold before and after the sun went down, but we were prepared as Patrick had told me to layer while we were on Safari. Patrick even gave me pointers about cape town and Johanasburg, which we actually booked on our own. The accommodations were fine, we stayed just outside the park to keep the cost down. When Patrick said we were 500 meters from the Kruger gate, he was spot on. I told him I was worried about the down time between the Safari's while at the resort, e sent me various day trips etc....we ended up finding the onsite spa and spent the days there, which was lovely. All and all Patrick really made the trip special which was amazing, as I really had no idea where to start. Being a travel agent made it really nice for someone else to actually handle all the details.
Patrick is a star and a first rate tour operator, and I really appreciate all he did for us.

Vacation experinece of a lifetime

The wildlife, scenery, weather and all guides were amazing. The accommodations were good, not excellent but it depends on what your looking for. The Lodge in Johannesburg was very basic. The people were wonderful but do not expect much from your room. If we were not arriving after dark and maybe someone else would have been staying on property we may have felt better about the place. We met the owner or Manager and her daughter the next morning and they were wonderful. The pool area and courtyard were pretty. I feel like if we had met them before heading to bed or like I said been there during daylight I would have felt better about the whole set up. The Adventure lodge outside Kruger was exactly as expected and what we were trying to do. We had a private chalet and did not do the tent camping but it still felt like we were camping which is what we wanted. The meals were good but not much variety. The guides and safari's that we took were amazing - We did 3 Safari's while in Kruger and then 4 more in other areas - Botswana and the Chobe River. They were all amazing. While we did stay in luxury accommodations for the remainder of our time in South Africa (6 additional nights) we were glad that we experienced the Adventure lodge as well. We do plan to return to Africa if we can in the next few years and will come to Kruger again and will stay with you again - I understood you are also going to be offering Botswana now.

Going on Safari was one of the best and most amazing experience I have ever had!

Doing Safari in the Kruger Nationalpark was amazing. We have been so lucky with the weather and the wildlife. In only 4 hours we saw all of the BIG 5. So close to us, that you thought you are still dreaming. It was an indescribably feeling to watch the animals in their natural surrounding. Our guide was very good in spotting animals. He saw everything, even a little camelion next to the street or a lot of rhinos in the distance. He was very smart and had a huge knowledge about every animal we saw. We felt so lucky to doing safari with safaribookings. Everything was just perfect!

SOUTH AFRICA

Recently went to South Africa for a week.

Apart from the bad roads, worn down farms/buildings next to the road, rubbish everywhere, just like in Namibia, in some towns, and the fact that we were almost hijacked in Kimberly, I was pleasantly surprised!

We got great and friendly service from everyone right from the start, good food and drinks, exept from one place, best/affordable accommodation, clean malls, clean bathrooms, the weather was perfect and from the animals that we could see was a nice experience!

We visited a total of plus minus 6 towns. Every town is different. Every landscape is different.

Excellent, once in a life-time experience

Very knowledgeable and friendly guides. We were lucky enough to see all of the big 5. Fortunate weather. Incredible food. One issue with the panoramic route day trip but very much so resolved, thank you.

Quick but Great

I only had time for about 24 hours in the Kruger Park but it was great. Great accommodations and staff, wildlife was good but I was expecting to see more but I was not there during their best viewing season. The accommodations before I went into the park was also amazing, wish I had more time at all of the places.

When talking to other people visiting, they all enjoyed staying at multiple campsites throughout their trip because different parts of the park have different experiences.

Wonderful First Safari Experience

I would definitely recommend South Africa as a first safari experience. Pembury Tours did a fantastic job...highly recommended!

We were surprized over the courteous, friendly and prfessional help for and after the safary game dr

We were saisfied over the courteous, friendly and prfessional help for and after the safary game drive. Accomodations, food, transportations,
guides, weather, and scenery were very good. Wildlife was not to our full satisfactory, but then this was not a national park! But for beginners
it was it was allright. We enjoid our beginners wildlife safary and can recommend further. Thank you for the good time.

Cheers, Wilfried and friends

An exhilarating connection with wild nature.

We spent 6 days in two camps Rhino Post and Nottens Bush camp Sabi Sands. The accommodation, service, food and organisation was excellent. The Safari drives and in particular the guides were top class. We have no hesitation in recommending these venues.

Unforgettable experience

Without doubt it was an experience for life. I definitely wanted to say that the South Africans have created a magnificent experience for their tourists in Kruger Park. Most importantly they respect this guests and do their best to please them. Just wonderful!