User Reviews – South Africa

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-10 of 87 Reviews
Different space

It was very good. I want to go again.
There are bugs in the room, so I want to put some pesticides.

Great experience

Thank you we were very happy with our safari and accommodation.

Still great wild life

Avoid popular game reserves. Too many vehicle safari travellers. Go to minor reserves such as Dinokeng near Pretoria. You can stay in the reserve and practically monopolize the nature. Few travellers. Safety is good opposed to typical travellers comments. Just don't do things or go to places you don't in your own country.

An experience worth living, it is absolutely wonderful to see the animals in their natural habitat

A beautiful experience, very nice hotel, friendly people, trained guides, excellent food.

This visit disappointing due to illness and fewer animals around than usual.

The wildlife we saw was good but sparse, accommodation clean and comfortable(really nice),guides knowledgeable and transport all fitted together well. My own illness rather spoiled this visit for me and temperatures were warmer than I've ever experienced before!

simply stunning! wonderful!

great! i recommend anybody to do it. I will remember forever the sunrise and sunset, the wildlife, all the big five! simply great!

Amazing wild sightings on spectacular game drives in amazing environment

Relaxed and safe atmosohere starting in Hoedspruit. Great private game reserves for intense game drives even following the animals off road. Greater Kruger is the place to be. Book some nights in safari tents for the best bush experience.

South-Africa, a short visit

I had a great time in South-Africa. Impressed about the accuracy of both SafariBookings and Viva Safaris. The accomodation was fine, food was good, people very nice and helpful. The only thing about my accomodation was that, because I was single and had probably the ensuite of a family-room, there was no tea/coffee arrangements and no bottles of water in the room. And I dearly missed a chair, hooks to hang some cloth. The chair I asked for and was supplied immediately.
The fact that it was very cold in the morning and not always blankets in the cars made the travelling on and forth sometimes unpleasant, but allover I had a pleasant stay!

Spectacular views with amazing people

It was fantastic, a storm happened and we lost power for remainder 2 days but we made the best of it.

SOUTH AFRICA

Recently went to South Africa for a week.

Apart from the bad roads, worn down farms/buildings next to the road, rubbish everywhere, just like in Namibia, in some towns, and the fact that we were almost hijacked in Kimberly, I was pleasantly surprised!

We got great and friendly service from everyone right from the start, good food and drinks, exept from one place, best/affordable accommodation, clean malls, clean bathrooms, the weather was perfect and from the animals that we could see was a nice experience!

We visited a total of plus minus 6 towns. Every town is different. Every landscape is different.