User Reviews – South Africa

Unforgettable Experience!

Our experience with Wild Wings Safaris was amazing!From the beginning Mariana was extremely helpful and we felt we were in really good hands and there was nothing to worry about! Our guide Simon with his never ending enthusiasm and vast knowledge made our safari journey even more unforgetable! He want to thank him for taking such good care of us and taking into consideration our food allergies while doing so!
Transportation was excellent!
Weather was good!
Accommodation was also good and we liked changing camps because of the different scenery each location provided.
Our drives were full of highlights! We enjoyed every single moment!

Still great wild life

Avoid popular game reserves. Too many vehicle safari travellers. Go to minor reserves such as Dinokeng near Pretoria. You can stay in the reserve and practically monopolize the nature. Few travellers. Safety is good opposed to typical travellers comments. Just don't do things or go to places you don't in your own country.

An experience worth living, it is absolutely wonderful to see the animals in their natural habitat

A beautiful experience, very nice hotel, friendly people, trained guides, excellent food.

A Birthday Celebration I'll Never Forget!

This was a trip to celebrate myself and my friends birthdays. We went for 10 days and had the most amazing time. This country is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life! We visited both Johannesburg and Capetown. Johannesburg is full of history and we revelled in it. Visited Lesedi cultural village, Mandela House and the apartheid museum and were greeted warmly by everyone we came in contact with. The dancing and singing and all over welcoming vibe made it a wonderful place to be. In Capetown, the views are breathe taking. On several occasions my friends and I just cried from the beautiful sites before us. We did experience a touch of racism at an establishment in Hermanus called Walker Bay Grill but we did not allow that to effect the rest of out trip. We had an amazing experience at Gold's restaurant, went whale watching, saw the penguins at Boulder beach and saw amazing street performances. I would love to come back to South Africa. This was a trip like none other.

This visit disappointing due to illness and fewer animals around than usual.

The wildlife we saw was good but sparse, accommodation clean and comfortable(really nice),guides knowledgeable and transport all fitted together well. My own illness rather spoiled this visit for me and temperatures were warmer than I've ever experienced before!

Fantastic!

There were a few in the big 5 that we didn’t get to see so that was a little disappointing but we still enjoyed our time.
I wasn’t able to sit by my mother on the safari Jeep. I didn’t like being separated from her at all.

Amazing experience for a great price

Great staff, located inside a game reserve with good wildlife

simply stunning! wonderful!

great! i recommend anybody to do it. I will remember forever the sunrise and sunset, the wildlife, all the big five! simply great!

It was absolutely fabulous, everything I imagined and more

Our guide was terrific in locating all the wildlife, which was easy to see from the vehicle. The scenery was very beautiful. The weather was warm and sunny with blue skies and cool nights. Our accommodations were first-rate, clean, neat and ready when we got there. Our guide Chris was fantastic and it was unbelievable how he knew where to look in the bush for different animals and his knowledge was extensive on the animals and their habits and history. Thale was awesome with getting our booking done and answered all my questions I had about traveling to Africa. I highly recommend Wild Planet Safari for a tour of Kruger Park. Our hotel accommodations were also very nice, clean all staff was friendly. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate this a 10. I highly recommend anybody thinking of going to Africa should do so.

Amazing experience

From the moment Tabo picked us up from our hotel in Johannesburg and drove us out here to when we witnessed all Big 5 animals from Kruger park with our guide Lucky this experience and resort is one not to miss. Staff here are super friendly and always smiling. Food selection is great, the cleanliness of the rooms is 5 star quality. Not one single insect or mosquito in our room despite being in the location it is during our 2 night stay was extremely impressive. The hotel cat is super cute and loves a cheeky treat from your dinner or breakfast plate. One of us is gluten intolerant and the staff were excellent in accommodating for this, the selection is limited however it was great they understood.
Our driver Lucky was what made the drive very informative and fun. We witnessed all Big 5 animals across both the sunset drive and the full day safari and he certainly knew his stuff & where to find them. I can’t speak highly enough of the staff and condition of the hotel here. They even decorated our bed with ‘’Happy Anniversary’’ for when we arrived! A++++++++