User Reviews – South Africa

Amazing 4 day safari

Loved Kruger National Park, we did a private tour with Wild Planet Safaris - definitely the way to do it in peak period December when the park is hot and where there are loads of locals on holidays. We had lots of flexibility regarding when we would start our game drives (hello 4am) to beat the rush to see animals. Our guides Ryan and Ben were fantastic and so knowledgeable, always managing to spot animals from a distance. We managed to spot all big 5, with the two leopards making appearances on our very last game drive. We stayed at the Berg en dal and skakuza rest camps which were very comfortable and well equipped. The food every day was varied and tasty.

faboulous experience

it was such a fantastic experience. we were enjoying the location to the last.

Excellent, highly recommend

Much better than expected , so highly recommends for the travellers. Mr Andre from safari with us made our jungle trip memorable for ever. Just miss Rhino from BIG 5

Fantastic

The Mohlabetsi Safari lodge was superb. The accommodation and food were world class. Nina was priceless and catered to everyone's needs. Our guide Jacque was extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the wildlife and had a great personality. The tracker, Herbert, displayed the most incredible skills in tracking the big 5. We were fortunate to see a wide variety of African wildlife and flora in some of the most breathtaking scenery. I would recommend the Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge to anyone without reservation.

One of the most beautiful countries we've ever seen.

For us...the perfect trip was Capetown, the wine country, the southern coastline, and safari experience.

My dream safari adventure come true

I decided to go "first class" as it was my trip of a lifetime and I wanted to go to more exclusive areas not open to the hordes of general public and self drivers and dozens of land rovers surrounding a pride of lions.... I was not disappointed. I stayed at "Kings Camp" and Notten's Bush Camp". I cannot recommend those camps highly enough. (Note that Notten's Bush Camp operates by night by candle and lantern light only - which is a bold move and you have to be into that. I found it really a great idea - set up a great, classic safari vibe, exciting and romantic, but I suppose you have to be into that. You were able to recharge electronics in your room at any time)

I especially commend Paperjet Travel - who worked on giving me the exact trip I wanted - and they found camps (in the mid season granted) who would not charge extra for single occupancy. I think I exchanged 35 emails with them over time. They answered every question promptly and generously, even questions about the drought in Cape Town and the potential strike by South Africa Airways (so - they supported me beyond the call). They put me at ease with detailed and accurate information. They tweaked my itinerary several times after giving me numerous options until it was exactly what I wanted. I can't recommend Paperjet highly enough. Ask for Jason. He is THE best.

Guides were every informative, congenial, accommodating - couldn't be better
Wildlife - we saw every conceivable animal. I stayed in two different camps so that I hedged my bets on seeing all animals. That turned out to be a great choice.
Accommodation was truly first class in every aspect. The food, the set up of the camps, design and architecture, amenities, the personnel, the service; I was treated like a king
Transportation was flawless from airports and between camps. Even the drivers acted as guides. They stopped once or twice to show me animals.
I was not at any disadvantage as a result of going "mid season". Animal sightings were excellent and plentiful

Well organized

Highly recommended. Perfect organization, many private games and visit to the Kruger park. Plus we met many nice people along the way :)

Captivating and breathtaking beyond compare!

South Africa exceeded any expectations that I may have had. The safari at Entabeni was one of the highlights of the trip, aside from the great music in Johannesburg and scenic mountain views in Cape Town. Our ranger at Entabeni, Carl, was a charming and knowledgeable host. Our boarding accommodations were wonderfully situated on a lake and the food/staff was great!!

South Africa is a glorious unique blend of diversity for all five senses.

My daughter and I had several true adventures in S. Africa. We visited Victoria Falls/Zimbabwe, Sabi Sands near Kruger Park, and
Capetown for New Year's 2019. It began with a rocky start of not being on a hotel pic up list for our for our accommodations in Zimbabwe, to a glorious finish in Capetown where we enjoyed a vast array of outings from Table Mountain to the Winelands. The vacation was too
short as often they are, but the memories are abundant.

Wonderful!!

Everything in Africa was as expected except hotter. The view of the animals was awesome. The food was terrific. Our travel company, Kruger Park Travel, took very good care of us.