Overview – Zambia
A safari in Zambia is not about ticking off the big five. High quality guides will share their knowledge on game drives, night drives and walking safaris. A canoeing safari on the Zambezi is not to be missed by the more adventurous.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent guiding is the norm
- One of the best walking safari destinations
- Good wildlife viewing
- True wilderness experience
- Small eco-friendly bushcamps and low-density tourism
- A chance to see Victoria Falls
- Few other attractions to supplement a safari
Premier Parks and Reserves
- South Luangwa - Walking and classic safari
- Kafue - Classic safari
- Lower Zambezi - Canoe and classic safari
- All 14 Zambia Parks & Reserves
Want to Visit Zambia?
Zambia Safari Reviews
- Expert Rating
- Bush Vibe
- User Rating
- Bush Vibe
Most Helpful Expert Review
Stephen is a travel writer and avid conservationist whose work appears in prestigious magazines such as Africa Geographic and Travel Africa.
Africa’s Hottest Safari Option
It is only in the last decade that Zambia burst back onto the African safari scene, re-building its safari reputation on the back of some epic national parks and outstanding wildlife. Anyone even vaguely familiar with Zambia and its...
Latest User Review
A stunning introduction to Africa
This was my first trip to southern Africa after years of journeying around South America, North America, Europe and Asia. I was looking for a unique experience that would encompass affordability, adventure, wildlife, scenic beauty and a...