User Reviews – Zambia

Excellent experience!

We used Luciano Tours and Travels to book our vacation and everything was fantastic. They were even able to help with some immigration issues and were very good about checking in with us to make sure everything was going smoothly. Zambia is a beautiful country, Livingstone and the Falls is always a pleasure and cannot say enough good things about South Luangwa national park. Highly recommend!

African safari as it should be

We visited Zambia for our Honeymoon in this October.
I decided to travel back here after an incredible first visit 5 years ago. We visited Kafue, both Luangwa Parks and of course livingstone and the falls: What a wonderful and rewarding experience !!
- wildlife viewing was superb : we just missed cheetah and rhino but saw 7 leaopards during our trips, lion, loads of hippos, Elephants, koudous impalas, pukus , zebras and buffaloes and encountered less common species such as sable antelope, hartebeest, a pack of 20 wild dogs (in south luangwa), bushpigs. Except near the Mfue gate we had the animals for ourselves!
Whats really liked in parks such as Kafue is that we had to really search game : find some clues (footprints), track them down and in the end...we were rewarded
- Safaris and guidings were excellent: our guide in North Luangwa was able to find lion footprints, we followed these footprints and we able to discover a lone male Lion that roares and jumped from a busm just 20m ahead of us! Moreover guides are friendly, very accessible and give great explanations. We mixed, game drives, night drives canoe and walking safaris.
- Accomodation was exclusive, rustic (made from natural materials) : we were 100% part of the wilderness
- Food was 100% hand cooked and really delicious

All in all what is so special with Zambia is that you do not feel the commercial aspect of the safari industry : you have excellent and dedicated guides for yourself (no tourist buses here), you feel the bush vibe (no tared roads, no fences), tourists densities are low (in Kafue we were alone in our camp) and some of the industry benefits are dedicated to local communities which is great

We absolutely recommend this marvellous country !!

Want to come back again!

Wildlife and birds are exiting. We saw a lot.
Camp site was also exiting, so close to wildlife and unexpectedly clean and comfortable.
Food was also nice, thanks to our nice guide, Daniel who knows a lot about nature.

Not as good as Botswana

I was at the Croc Valley Camp at south Luangwa NP.
Good accomodation, most lousy Safari vehicles ever seen. Never felt safe or Comfortable.

Packed with wildlife

South Luangwa was an excellent choice. We stayed at Kafunta River Lodge which was very nice. They have a photo hide which nobody else was using so it was my own private retreat where I got some great photos of the animals at the watering hole. The game drives in the park were led by excellent guide trackers. We saw lions and at least 7 different leopards, in addition to the elephants, giraffes, zebras, buffalo, crocodiles, hippos, etc. We also saw quite a few birds, including the bee eater. No need to trek from place to place every other day when you can see so much right here. Highly recommended.

Good place to go, but hard to access. Additionally, they are still connected to trophy hunting which will result in me not returning in the future.

Not as crowded as many others - yet lots to see.

A stunning introduction to Africa

This was my first trip to southern Africa after years of journeying around South America, North America, Europe and Asia. I was looking for a unique experience that would encompass affordability, adventure, wildlife, scenic beauty and a uniquely African experience . Zambia seemed to fit the bill and fulfilled my expectations. I chose to go during the green season when crowds were lower. Although animals were not as easy to view in parks such as Kafue, the birding made up for it. My itinerary went from Victoria Falls, with a side trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana, to the Lower Zambezi River for 2 days of canoeing and finally to South Luangwa. I was impressed with the professionalism of the guides, especially on the Lower Zambezi River and in South Luangua National Park. I had many highlights on this trip, but I would choose the Microlight flight over Victoria Falls , the canoeing trip on the Zambezi River and my time in South Luangwa National Park. The canoeing offered me close proximity to hippos, elephants and the peaceful tranquility of camping on the Lower Zambezi River. South Luangwa gave me all the cat sightings I was hoping for. The birding was simply incredible, rivaling the animal sightings. As a modest traveler, the lodging was to my liking, mostly in tents. Marula Lodge, outside of South Luangwa National Park, was very welcoming. I loved camping next to the river and the outdoor showers. The restaurant had tasty food and guiding was exceptionally professional. The country is very scenic, especially along the rivers. Big sky unsets were very memorable. I guess that if I were to alter anything on the itinerary during the green season, it would have be increased time on the Zabesi River and at South Luangwa National park at the expense of Kafue National Park. Although I felt like Kafue National Park to myself, the grass was too high for wildlife viewing during green season. Overall the trip was terrific and made for a satisfying 1st experience in Africa. Finally, I would like to thank Denver of Denssafari for organizing a superb itinerary at an affordable price. I look forward to my return to the region in the next year or two.

South Lwange was amazing in May, Kafue had good wildlife sightings, but far fewer

I traveled via Cross Country Safaris to Zambia in May 2017. I visited 3 camps in Kafue and South Lwange. Cross Country chose beautiful camps in Chichele Lodge and Flatdogs Camp. Amazing wildlife sightings and great service and comfort at these two camps. I've been on about 6-7 wildlife safaris, and this ranked first or 2nd best. I wish Cross Country had told me more about Kafue, despite the fact that I read it had less wildlife. We did see typically one good game sighting each drive, but far less density of sightings than at South Lwange. If I went back to Kafue, it would be in September. Tseste flies were quite noticeable in Kafue. I found camp staff a little less well trained at Kafue than at South Lwange, and thought it was wierd that they have live shooting practice for rangers inside the park, rather than in the Game Management Area.

• 4.6/5