User Reviews – Amboseli NP

breathtaking

when we arrived at amboseli it was pretty cloudy as it had been raining a lot recently. but once checked in at sentrin by the evening when the sun was setting. the clouds cleared up and in front of us was mt kilimanjaro in its full glory which was simply breathtaking. The park itself is very clear and open which was brilliant as to being able to see the whole mt kilomanjaro edge to edge, which for me was what going to amboseli was about.

Amboseli: An Absolutely Awesome Safari Destination

Amboseli was the first destination on our safari. What an awesome introduction to African wildlife! Even before we got there we saw groups of hippopotamus, elephants, crowned cranes, many sorts of antelope, wildebeest, and many other animals and birds. We stayed at the Oltukai Lodge, from which many elephants, in particular, were seen. On our first outing, there were lions, hyenas, flamingos and many other water birds, wildebeest and zebras, and many other antelope and birds. It was beyond our wildest dreams. We had thought maybe we might get to see an elephant, and probably some antelope. The reality was so much more stunning than our preconceptions that it was mind-blowing. We were able to see and obtain excellent photographs of the "big five". It was truly the trip of a lifetime. I am so glad we went!

One of the particularly nice things was the weather. I don't think it was above 73 degF or below 67 degF at any time during the trip. Most amazing of all was the lack of bugs. We had spent hundreds of dollars on mosquito-proof clothing, sprays, shots, etc. There wasn't a single mosquito. All in all, it was a majestically fine trip. I recommend it highly.

Between the Masai people and the wonderful herds of elephants, the most interesting place on earth.

We spent 2 days at Amboseli, as part of a 9 day safari with Wildlife Kenya Safaris.
We visited other parks including Tsavo, Lake Nakuru, Mara and Mt. Kenya.
I believe Amboseli was my favorite because of our fascinating visit with the Masai tribe that lived there and the huge herds of elephants that went walking past our van on a regular basis. Seeing 30 or 40 elephants march within a few yards of our van was an incredible experience. Galdessa at Tsavo East was the most luxurious of the camps we stayed in. A beautiful place. We traveled to Kenya at the end of June into the beginning of July. The weather was for the most part, very pleasant. We had very little rain. The food in most of the places we stayed was satisfactory, but by no means gourmet. The food at the Serena Mountain Lodge at Mt. Kenya was the best.
I would highly recommend a safari with Wildlife Kenya Safaris. This was a very well organized, stress free holiday. Sammy (our driver) picked us up from the airport in Nairobi and was incredible. He was trustworthy, reliable, knowledgeable, and a very experienced driver on the very difficult roads. He also had the most incredible eye for spotting animals that were well camouflaged and often miles into the distance.
Overall the safari with Wildlife Kenya exceeded our expectations. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

Thank you for such an amazing experience, I would highly recommend both Wildlife Kenya Safaris and Sammy to anyone interested in travelling to Africa.

The entire trip was a perfectly organised, stress free holiday. Sammy (our driver) picked us up from the airport and was incredible. He was trustworthy, reliable, knowledgeable, and a very experienced driver on the very difficult roads. He also had the most incredible eye for spotting animals that were well camouflaged and often miles into the distance.

The accommodation recommended by the company were all excellent, and exceeded our expectations, especially Galdessa in Tsavo East.

Less animals than in earlier years, but still very nice. The view of the Kilimanjaro in the background is amazing. Also the animals in the swamps (hippos, elephants, buffalos) are great to watch.

Amboseli is located not far from Kilamanjaro, but the atmosphere is often very hazy so the mountain itself is barely visible. The park has good accommodations and features significant wildlife, including elephants, wildebeests, zebras, hyenas, and lots of other animals and birds. During the dry season (when we visited) the park overall has a parched appearance, but the wildlife tends to congregate around the remaining waterholes and the lake. Overall, it is a worthwhile destination for people wishing to see African wildlife.

the weather of I caming day is not so satisfy to let me view the Kilimanjaro,however,I watched at last before I lived.the animals in Amboseli is not as various as Sumburu or Masai Mara,and the lack is dry up in this mouth.

Expectations was too Expectations was too highly for

Plains with beautifull large packs of elephants

There was a lot of grass in the whole area, the animals spread, a lot of elephants and flamingoes and a beautiful view to Kilmanjaro

elephants!