User Reviews – Amboseli NP

Kili was elusive, but the elephants were abundant and the safari was spectacular!

We came to Amboseli to see Kilimanjaro, but unfortunately we only had one night there and it was cloudy. This seems to be a problem with many large mountains we've visited but never seen, so it's not an issue confined to this particular area. We were happy to catch a glimpse of the peak poking through the clouds, giving us some idea of its immense size. We saw a great deal of wildlife despite vehicles having to stay on the roads. Elephant lovers will especially like Amboseli since they were abundant in all sizes. Lions, ostrich, gazelles, monkeys, water buffalo and zebras were among the animals sighted. We were told that the giraffes were heading back to the park (it was June) and indeed we saw some just outside the park heading in that direction. There was a nice observation point where we were able to stretch our legs and had a great 360 degree view. Our driver from Crane Travel was fabulous, and the lodging at Serena was spectacular.

We enjoyed Amboseli, but the animals were further away than at Tsavo.

An uforgettable adventure!

It was my first trip to an African Park - and it was of course Amboselli National Park. This journey was so amazing that is started everything and now I am after 4 visits to Africa. This park is something like inverted zoo. People are hidden behind the fence and animals are watching them from their natural environment. Amboselli National Park is a place where I took one of my best pictures although then I have visited another three African places and many more parks (I can't even count them right now ;) ). After countries Uganda - Rwanda - Zambia - RPA - Namibia I still remember that everything started in Amboselli.

My favourite park

Spectacular views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and huge herds of elephants are worth a visit, but after a long dry period the ecosystem is out of balance!

Best wildlife

Fabulous scenery - Kilimanjo! Lots of elephants, all the plains game and everything else one would expect to see with the exception of cheetah & rhino, and lions are few & far between.

great park, I specially liked acacias, elephants and the view of Kilimanjaro

A very scenic park at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro with wide open ares. Wildlife of all kind is easily spotted. Elefants, buffalos and lions can´t be missed. It porvides up to high standard accomodation but the number of visitors is quite high.

I remember it for life, visit only during the rainy season

wild places there are very few, Wild animals should be observed early in the morning, watched a lot of cheetahs

• 4.7/5