Best Time To Visit – Ifotaka Forest
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of many guidebooks to African destinations, including the Insight guide to Madagascar.
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Philip is the author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
The best months to visit are April to November. This corresponds with the Dry season and the beginning of the Wet season. Mandrare River Camp at Ifotaka Community Forest is closed from January to late March. The shoulder months April, October and November are particularly lovely as the weather is pleasant, and reptiles and some mammals are more active than in the cooler Dry season months.
April to October –Dry Season – Winter
- It rains less and the humidity is low
- Many lemur babies are born in October
- Ring-tailed lemurs fight for mates in April
- Reptiles and some mammals are less active from June to August
November to March –Wet Season – Summer
- Reptiles and some mammals are more active
- Bird watching is better in the Wet season
- The camp is closed from January to late March
- The access road can deteriorate badly after rain
- It is very hot and the humidity is high
- Rain can sometimes interfere with activities
Best Time To Go by Major Park
Ifotaka Community Forest Ifotaka ForestJanJFebFMarMAprAMayMJunJJulJAugASepSOctONovNDecD