Cookie Settings

By clicking ‘Accept’ you agree that we use Analytical cookies for gathering information about how our website is used, as well as Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) to personalize our advertising campaigns and to allow you to share on social media. About our use of cookies

Manage Cookie Settings

Please select which cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Below you can decide which type of cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Functional cookies

Functional cookies are essential to using our website and cannot be switched off. These cookies do not contain personal information and are not used for analytical or advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Analytical cookies (anonymous)

Analytical cookies gather anonymous information about how our website is used. The information collected does not contain personal information, cannot be traced back to you, and is not used for advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Advertising and social media cookies

Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) enable us to personalize our advertising campaigns, and enable you to share on social media. Show Hide description

Safari Reviews

Sort By: Date Most Helpful Rating 11-20 of 71,739 Reviews
Jodie   –

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Fantastic from start to finish!

Suricata offered impeccable service from initial inquiry with Hillary, who gave quick and informative responses pre-arrival. Collection from the airport with Mr T was smooth and very safe, late at night. We were met at the hotel by Ally who gave a full and thorough briefing for our 5 day safari so we knew exactly what to pack and expect.

Ezekiel - our safari guide - met us the following morning and was just perfect throughout. He tailored the trip to our needs, took on board exactly what we wanted to see and gave us the space to explore and enjoy the safari to its full potential.
His knowledge was amazing; answering all question we gave to him relating to the animals and wildlife - and there were a lot! A really sound guy!
He was great at spotting all the animals and even found us a couple of rhinos on the last day so we could tick off the big 5.

Vehicle - our vehicle was by far the best we came across. It was a lot bigger than most with huge viewing windows. It was also a completely different colour to others so easy to find at mealtimes. The car had electric charging ports too so no fear of missing a photo opportunity.

Food - every lunch time we had a tasty, warm home cooked meal and evening meals were always 3 - 4 courses and great quality. Plenty of fresh juices and yummy coffee!

Accommodation - far exceeded expectations. Suricata provided accommodation pre and post safari in Arusha for no additional cost. The first 2 nights of safari we stayed in a lovely lodge with swimming pool, and option for a massage (which was nice after a long days travel). The last two nights we stayed in tented camps in the Serengeti and ngorongoro national parks. The rooms were huge with toilets, shower and electricity. In the Serengeti you could watch the sunrise from bed which was just incredible. The camps are in the parks so animals can and do come near your tent - but it’s very safe and the staff will escort you if leaving your tent at night.

There really isn’t anything I could suggest to improve the trip. Cannot recommend suricata and Ezekiel enough and just Thank-you for giving us the best experience.

Louise Thompson   –

Incredible value and organisation

Absolutely incredible experience with Suricata. We did the 5 day private Great Safari which was the perfect amount of time for us. Could not fault one element, from organising with Hilary who was super responsive on WhatsApp, Mr T and Ally who picked us up from the airport and gave us our briefing to our brilliant guide Ezekiel. The price vs the itinerary/accom/private tour option offered by other safari operators we spoke to was the best value by a mile and they delivered in all respects.

Our safari guide/driver Ezekiel was by far the highlight, brilliant driver, able to answer our 10000 questions about different species, listened to what we wanted to see, friendly, and most importantly so positive and happy. Incredible spotter too with the naked eye which meant we easily saw the big five and much more.

All accomodation was great, two nights in the Marera Valley Lodge (lovely pool and able to get a massage if you wanted!) then tented lodges for the second two nights (with hot water bottles on the final night which was a nice touch as the temperature had dropped off). The jeep itself was also better than a lot of other operators we saw, much bigger windows to see out from and very clean. Water was unlimited, food was always copious and delicious.

Highly highly recommend Suricata, thank you for such a great trip.

Pauline Makhaso   –
Kenya KE
Visited: July 2022 Reviewed: Sep 30, 2022

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

He's a patient guy I have never seen

I do not regret spending my money, it was worth it. I will choose royal safaris over and over again. Thank you

Jon Barrow   –

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

10/10 safari experience with an outstanding tour guide and company!

Our safari was an amazing experience. Ezekiel, our Tour Guide, was an absolute professional with limitless knowledge of the animals and landscape across the Serengeti and other national parks and conservation areas.

The company arranged all food, water, transport and accommodation without any issue. My friends and I had a seamless trip! I highly recommend it to any experienced or first time safari go-ers.

Diana   –
Romania RO

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great experience for a first time safari

It was more than I expected. The food was good, the accommodations in the parks were well equipped. Did not expect to have electricity and hot water but it was decent taking into consideration that you are in the middle of safari. Also we got to see the animals pretty close so that was defined the highlight of the trip.

Eugenia   –
South Africa ZA
Visited: April 2022 Reviewed: Sep 30, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Excellent

We went on the 4 day hoyo hoyo lodge safari was nothing short of amazing and the service was great really made the holiday a holiday definitely would recommend a must do. Thank you

Inas Chehimi   –
United Arab Emirates AE
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 30, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Very helpful

I wasn’t sure which safari company to choose specifically I had narrow window of time to decide. I found this site very helpful and assuring to get good experience ( No bad surprises). Highly recommended and thank u again

Maria   –
Switzerland CH

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Once in the lifetime

I successfully climbed Mount Meru and Kilimandjaro in September with Freddy from Kilele. Booked through summiclimb. The organization by Kilele in Moshi and Arusha was absolutely perfect - many thanks to Rebecca!
I was lucky to be on the road alone with Freddy and the team, so I could walk my own pace and Freddy gave me great support. The acclimatization by climbing Mount Meru was certainly very helpful. The choice of route with Western Breach and Crater Camp was also spot on. Strenuous but because of that Freddy and I were alone on the roof of Africa in the afternoon of 10.09. It was absolutely incredible. We alone on the summit! Thousand thanks to you, Freddy.
My thanks also go to cook Nicolas, who always conjured up a great meal, and to the whole porter team!
It was a great and wonderful experience.

Marielle   –
Switzerland CH

Amazing!

Allan from Somewhere in Africa helped us with planning the safari and made a great offer with everything we asked. We did a 5 days safari including a hot air balloon. Everything was well organized and we did not have to think about anything. Our tour guide Sudi was the best! You noticed how much experience he had. He just saw every animal in the tree, behind a bush etc.. He had a lot of patience, with the patience and experience he had we have seen the big 5 and even the migration.

Andi Allajbej   –
Albania AL

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great good guys.

Moses organised a super tour on short notice. He upgraded us for free.