Cookie Settings

By clicking ‘Accept’ you agree that we use Analytical cookies for gathering information about how our website is used, as well as Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) to personalize our advertising campaigns and to allow you to share on social media. About our use of cookies

Manage Cookie Settings

Please select which cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Below you can decide which type of cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Functional cookies

Functional cookies are essential to using our website and cannot be switched off. These cookies do not contain personal information and are not used for analytical or advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Analytical cookies (anonymous)

Analytical cookies gather anonymous information about how our website is used. The information collected does not contain personal information, cannot be traced back to you, and is not used for advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Advertising and social media cookies

Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) enable us to personalize our advertising campaigns, and enable you to share on social media. Show Hide description

Safari Reviews

Sort By: Date Most Helpful Rating 21-30 of 71,739 Reviews
Josef   –
Israel IL

Professional and reliable

Kikitu is the best guide/driver. We had 4 wonderful days traveling with him. He has lots of positive energy and seems like everybody knows and like him. Also a great spotter- we got to see leopards cheetas and all kind of wild animals (:

Laura   –
France FR

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

excellent organization, lodges and activities!

Our tour in both Zimbabwe and Botswana have been amazing. A big thank you to Ute for the organization and for your availability throughout our trip.
Local guides and lodges are very good. Food, locals, services, rooms.. amazing ! We loved the ones in Botswana for their respect to animal wildlife and the natural parks.
Our trip could not have been better!

Wambui M.R.   –
Kenya KE
Visited: April 2013 Reviewed: Sep 30, 2022

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Excellent Service

I enjoyed my experience with Royal Private Safaris especially Mr. Isaac Okumu who is attentive to details and has excellent customer service. Royal Private Safaris are reliable, offer value for money and very amazing services that are tailored to your needs. I would recommend them anytime.

Herain Jérôme   –
France FR

a memorable Safari

We had contacted Joël, who came to our hotel. He explained our 4-day journey to us in perfect French, then we left with our guide Shabani and the cook Boniface for an unforgettable trip. I recommend this team and nights camping for the beauty of the sites and the proximity to nature.

Christian   –
Germany DE
Visited: March 2022 Reviewed: Sep 30, 2022

Breathtaking experience

It was a fantastic tour. We booked the 3 days tour: Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara with budget lodge.
The highlight was the Ngorongoro crater. It was breathtaking! But Lake Manyara and Tarangire were also really nice and different parks!
We can highly recommend the 3 days tour.

Food was good: Chicken, Curry with rice.
Lodge was good. A pool, ventilation, mosquito net.

Niko   –

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Incredible animals, organized and responsive operators!

We had an incredible time on our safari here. This was our first time on a safari and Axis Africa was extremely helpful and responsive; Lennox even went above and beyond to help us with late-night visa issues on our way to Kenya (make sure to get an e-visa ahead of time!!). Peter was a fantastic driver; very friendly and knowledgeable, very skillful at maneuvering rough terrain, and had a great feel for the pacing of the game drive. The camp we stayed at was clean, the staff friendly, and the food tasty. Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru are astounding. We were able to see a wide variety of animals at the tail end of the Great Migration, and there were lots of baby animals this time of year as well! Overall, could not recommend more highly.

Vladimir   –
Germany DE

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Thank you for the great experience!

I've booked the Maasai Mara, Lake Nakuru trip and I felt like Karibu Safaris took care of everything. They provided the airport transfer and the overnight in a nice AirBNB apartment with breakfast before taking me to the safari. This was an included service and free of charge. The accommodations given me within the Safaris have been chosen very well. Jambo Mara had great rooms and the Waterbuck hotel was a nice hotel in total but the rooms were standard equipped, which was still good so far.
My luggage was stored in the office during the trip so I didn't have to pay for an accommodation to store it. And even after the trip while I had my flight in the night and I wanted to store my luggage somewhere in the city center to walk around there they took care of it and gave it to the securities in their office building, who looked after it for some tip. The payment also went very well, there were no hidden costs.
All in all I highly recommend anyone who does safari from Nairobi to do it with Karibu Safaris. You will be in good hands!

Esha Dutta   –
India IN

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Pamela's a Kenyan Wonder!!!

Our guide Pamela has been extremely respectful and responsible about catering to the needs of all age groups in our team starting from 8- 94 years. It gas to be mentioned that Peter is an excellent driver. He alongside Pamela has looked into every detail of our comfort and sight seeing. A special mention for Eric who's become my 8 year old son's hero who showered him with gifts and has been a pillar single handedly to an entire family of ailing tourists. I wish all of them the best in all their endeavors and would look forward to their company for our Serengeti trip soon!!!

Jesus   –
Spain ES

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Perfect Safari

We organized a safari through our friend in Spain who recommended us Native Afrika Voyages. Everything went seamless and we got instant responses through email and WhatsApp. Upon arrival we were met at the airport and briefed by Moungui and next to him was to be out guide for our 7 days Kenyan wildlife vacation.
Joseph was just amazing and made our trip such a great experience through his well vast knowledge on wildlife, culture and geography. He always made us feel comfortable and catered for throughout our safari and also made sure that we saw ll of the big 5. thank you to Moungui, Joseph and the entire team at NAV for a wonderful Safari.
I won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
See you in 2 years.

Jan   –
Netherlands NL

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

A amazing life time experience

Booked a 4 day safari together with my girlfriend at Suricata Safari. This was far out the most amazing vacation experience so far! Our tour guide Rocky brought us to the most amazing spots in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater and Tarangiri national park and could tell us so much about the animals. We even were so lucky to spot the big five!

Not only the animals and the amazing views made the game drives great, but also the vibe Rocky created in the car. Everybody was comfortable and had a laugh.

Suricata provides all the meals during the safari. We could not have wished for a better cook than Salim! Every morging he cooked fresh pancakes and eggs for us. For lunch we got hot food which we ate inside the parks or at our kamp, sometimes even with zebra's, giraffes or elephants 100m away! In the evening he cooked a three course meal, it was so taste full! His cooking skills were amazing!

We did the safari during the dry season, but already know we will come back at Suricata to visit during the wet season. We will highly recommend it to everybody els!

Suricata Safari really does that little extra in everything they provide. We made memories we will never forget. Thank you so much Suricata team and especially Rocky and Salim! See you next time during wet season!

Best wishes,