Cookie Settings

By clicking ‘Accept’ you agree that we use Analytical cookies for gathering information about how our website is used, as well as Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) to personalize our advertising campaigns and to allow you to share on social media. About our use of cookies

Manage Cookie Settings

Please select which cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Below you can decide which type of cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Functional cookies

Functional cookies are essential to using our website and cannot be switched off. These cookies do not contain personal information and are not used for analytical or advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Analytical cookies (anonymous)

Analytical cookies gather anonymous information about how our website is used. The information collected does not contain personal information, cannot be traced back to you, and is not used for advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Advertising and social media cookies

Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) enable us to personalize our advertising campaigns, and enable you to share on social media. Show Hide description

Safari Reviews

Sort By: Date Most Helpful Rating 31-40 of 71,739 Reviews
Emily   –

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Outstanding attention to detail

My friend and I booked a trip to Zanzibar and found we could travel to Tanzania for a safari. We contacted Shammah Wonders Safari and quickly heard from Justin. We originally were looking for a one day safari to the Serengeti but learned the flights would no longer work for a one day safari but were able to change to a 2-day safari from Zanzibar to the Serengeti. Justin was excellent in his communication about the change and the available options. We were provided options on government lodging for the overnight or a stay at Tanzania Bush Camp. We chose the latter and all of the arrangements were made by Justin. Once we arrived in the Serengeti our guide, Saidy, was waiting for us. We spent the next 2 days with Saidy showing us around. He was a great guide and was able to point out many animals and showed excellent knowledge of the animals and the Serengeti. The whole staff at Shamman Wonders Safari were helpful and knowledgeable. There were no issues with arranging the excursion and it was all handled professionally by Justin. I highly recommend booking with this company. There are many choices which makes choosing difficult but I will definitely again use Justin and Shamman Wonders Safari.

Anna   –
Germany DE

Great experience

We had a very nice 5 Day Safari with the Guide Yusuph from Hekima. Including Tarangire, Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater.
Thanks for the interesting tour!

Nirit Soliana   –

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Enjoyed my day amazingly, fabulous experience

I had a great time on this hassle-free solo trip organised by Wilson and Apollo! On a business trip to Uganda, I had one day available for some enjoyment, and I decided to spend it outside with Wilson and I quickly exchanged a number of emails to try to come up with a solution that suited both my needs and my timetable. Frank, who I spent the day with, was considerate, amiable, and made sure I had everything I needed. No tension at all, even when there was a minor schedule issue (not caused by Immersion). We left Kampala around five in the morning and got back at nine. The trip is typically better completed in two days (plenty of travel! ), but if you are pressed for time.

Pooja   –
New Zealand NZ
Visited: July 2022 Reviewed: Sep 29, 2022

Amazing Safari

Lilian and her team planned the perfect honeymoon safari for us. Everything was superbly organised with cute little personal touches. Solomon, our guide, was very knowledgeable and an expert at spotting animals hundreds of meters away. We were truly amazed! Couldn't have asked for better!

Rachel and Kevin Turner   –
United Kingdom UK

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

The tour operators were excellent in everything they did for us. A very professional organisation.

Our safari trip to Tanzania and beach holiday in Zanzibar was booked in 2019 and was delayed due to covid. African Safaris kept in touch with us all the way through the covid outbreak and kept giving us the option to delay our trip. Eventually, we set a date for our trip of a life time, September 2022, together with our daughter and her boyfriend for the safari in Tanzania. The price remained the same as we booked it in 2019. It was totally worth waiting for. Our guide for the week was Freddie from Tour Compass who was excellent, his English was brilliant and he made our whole trip enjoyable and could not do enough for us. The amount of driving he had to do each day we were amazed how he kept awake and was so enthusiastic and energetic teaching us all the time about Tanzania the animals and the way of life. Listening to him talking to his best friend, also from Tour Compass - Danny who was also doing the same tour as us made it wonderful. We have never laughed as much as we did on this holiday. The food was excellent at all the accommodation we stopped at and our lunches which Freddie arranged and had with us was brilliant, so we could sit on top of the Ngorongoro crater and the lake in the Serengeti. From us all thank you to the whole team.

If going to Tanzania I would recommend taking some cash with you because our first hotel we stopped in the card machine had broken, so we were unable to pay by card for our drinks and for tipping we used US dollars which was fine.

After departing from Tanzania and leaving our daughter and boyfriend to fly back home we carried on to Zanzibar to our hotel Ocean Paradise. The hotel lived up to its name Paradise. The staff could not do enough for you and the hotel and food was excellent. The rooms were enormous and the afternoon tea on the beach which was free was an extra delight.

Dawn N.   –

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Odyssey Safaris made my Bucket List Trip dreams come true! HIGHLY recommend!

I am forever changed from my Double Nickel Birthday Safari in Kenya. I went solo and I’m soooo glad I did. Don’t be afraid to travel solo! It’s everything!! I cannot thank https://www.odysseysafaris.com enough for making my dream trip come true! The attention to detail, consistent communication, and VIP treatment was unmatched! Eliud Mwai, one of the owners, came to meet me personally to discuss my itinerary and ensure everything was meeting my standards. My guide-driver Charles Wahinga is near and dear to my heart! We spent every day together for a week and my trip would not have been as special without his kindness, passion for the land, people, wildlife and culture, without his hilarious sense of humor, openness, and exceptional skills! His passion for safari was contagious. I will forever call him Friend… and Kihingo! The areas they proposed, Nairobi, Lake Naivasha, Nakuru, and Masai Mara were expertly chosen and timed, based on what I expressed that I was looking for out of this trip. My lodging was top notch and my safety and comfort were always paramount. My bucket list trip was worth every penny and then some! I stayed at The Safari Hotel and Casino in Nairobi city. It was cool, but not my favorite in the list. In Naivasha, Sopa Lodge blew me away because the animals walk freely amongst the guest. I loved the intimacy of that! Food was off the chain too. In Nakuru, I stayed at the very high end lodging called The Cliff, an andBeyond property. The lodging and views were stunning! They only have 10 glamorous tents on the cliff top property, so the personal attention was on point! In the Masai Mara, I stayed at another andBeyond property called Kichwa Tembo. The Masai Warriors from the local village make regular visits there and welcome you with Masai dance performances. The food at every location was delicious and fresh, though I did get Travelers Gut my first day in Kenya. Thankfully, Mantazuma’s Revenge only lasted two days. It’s very likely you will get it, so plan for it with Imodium! I spread my Mom’s ashes at the base of a tree in the Motherland. She would be pleased to rest in this most majestic place. If you’re contemplating a Kenya visit, don’t hesitate. It was life changing!

Chandini   –
South Africa ZA

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Excellent experience

This was an experience of a lifetime! We booked Gosheni safari tours for our honeymoon based on their great reviews, and were not disappointed. From the beginning, we received excellent service. Our consultant, William David was extremely kind and patient despite me changing the schedule multiple times. He was very flexible to fit within our budget and added so many perks to our adventure. Our tour guide, William, was absolutely outstanding. He was kind, knowledgable, patient and had a great sense of intuition for the best sightings. We would recommend him 100% and he would be the reason for us returning to Tanzania. Asante sana for everything!!

Ashlin   –
South Africa ZA

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Excellent service means unforgettable experience

This was an experience of a lifetime! We booked Gosheni safari tours for our honeymoon based on their great reviews, and were not disappointed. From the beginning, we received excellent service. Our consultant, William David was extremely kind and patient despite me changing the schedule multiple times. He was very flexible to fit within our budget and added so many perks to our adventure. Our tour guide, William, was absolutely outstanding. He was kind, knowledgable, patient and had a great sense of intuition for the best sightings. We would recommend him 100% and he would be the reason for us returning to Tanzania. Asante Sana

Noor   –
Tanzania TZ
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 29, 2022

Give you the best experience for beginning to end

my boyfriend and i did a four day tour with suricates! we loved every minute of it. from start to finish everything was great. thanks to our guide rocky we have seen the most beautiful animals and thanks to the cook salim we had a delicious meal every day. we had lunch with a hot fresh meal while giraffes walk by! this is an experience we will never forget! each park is special and has its own highlights. we will definitely come back and book with suricata again

Andreas and Kerstin   –
Germany DE

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

A wonderful excellent trip much better as expected!

I had some headaches without a German tour operator to book our safari independently. Deposit and balance went smoothly with James via pesa link and credit card, and James travel promises were all kept in full. Our driver Tuja was concerned about our well-being 24/7, he made clear arrangements and everything worked smoothly. We saw Big5 and much more and afterwards during our beach holiday on the Indian Ocean we booked more smaller excursions via James. ( Mombasa city tour etc.).

Price performance ratio fits. Lodges were well chosen and better than we expected. It may be that there are better and more comfortable equipped cars, but we were driven safely, no risky driving maneuvers and that wants to be skillful in Kenya. Thanks for that wonderfull time to Tuja and James, and we will contact you again next time for any new trip within beautiful coutry.