Best Time to Visit – Sehlabathebe NP
Ariadne is a renowned Africa expert. She and her husband write and update content for many travel organizations, including the Lesotho Tourist Board.
Sehlabathebe National Park is mainly a hiking destination. Any wildlife viewing is incidental. The park is most beautiful from mid to late summer (December to April) when everything is green and lush. However, rain can interfere with hiking from October to March. The winter months, from April to September, are steadily dry, but it can be bitterly cold at this time.
April to September –Dry Season – Winter
- It is sunny and it rarely rains
- The roads are easier to navigate than in the Wet season
- It is very cold at night and days can be chilly too
- The scenery is drab and the sky is hazy from June to October
October to March –Wet Season – Summer
- The scenery is lush and green
- This is the best birding time
- Daytime temperatures are pleasant
- It often rains in the afternoon, which can interfere with hiking
Best Time to Go to Lesotho by Major Park
Sehlabathebe National ParkJanJFebFMarMAprAMayMJunJJulJAugASepSOctONovNDecD