User Reviews – Serengeti NP

Not many animals and bad roads. Beautiful nature though.

Tanzania Northern Circuit - Too crowded

Hi Folks,

Just a quick one to let you know about my experience in Serengeti and Ngorongoro.

We had an amazing well organized safari with Serene Tours Tanzania, in fact this is the second one I did with them. The first one was back in January in the South of Tanzania. But for the North of Tanzania I am a bit disappointed, it was way too crowded and spent quite some times at gates of the parks.

My advice to you guys, do not do the same mistake as I did. Start with the North of Tanzania first, do not do the safari in August as it is peak season and then only do the South of Tanzania. Doing so you will have a different feel of your safaris and will not remain and a mixed feeling.

This been said, Tanzania is well worth it but, you need to be careful when you choosing the itineraries as well as the time of the year you will visit!

Enjoy Tanzania,

Xavier

The scenic beauty of the Serengeti is fantastic. And you can see a lot of animals.

The only thing I didn't like are the roads. Hundreds of kilometer just dust. With good cars and a modern air condition it would be ok - but in those safari cars you WANT to open tthe roof top and see everything :-)

(My driver had a chronical cough - just because he had to inhale this dust for weeks and months)

Saw migration which was superb. Saw a lot of wildlife but the lions, lionesses, leopards, cheetahs were hardly any, more should be introduced since it is a huge national park.

Very big place

In the entrance of Serengeti we could see thousands of animals (Wildebeests, Zebras, Gazels) from the Wildebeest migration.

Amazing savana environment. You feel like being in the middle of nowhere. It is very important to have a good guide and find out the right place in the right moment. Unbelievable pictures, very special place.many animals

We were bitten by a tse-tse fly. This left an unpleasant impression of the safari.

Nice time - we spent 3/7 there and it was magical

Great place but very big and you need really lot of time and very good guide for this park

• 4.9/5