User Reviews – South Africa

South Africa was just beautiful -- the landscape itself, not just the animals.

There is not many place in the world where you can see wildlife like this.

Africa was just amazing, but we went also to Botswana and there we had a more bush vibe.

We saw so much wild life that it was extraordinary. I'm not very interested in birds, but we saw a good amount of them. Overall, I would give the experience a 5 star rating. Highly recommend it!

The most european part of Africa.

I am quite sure my rating would be much hire, if I had visited Southafricas Top-destinations in wildlife! ( Addo-Park, Krüger-Park) Unfortenately they were not on my route ( Cape to Namibia), but what i ´ve seen makes me wanna come back some day.
The Kgalagadi is quite nice with larger number of predators, but we had not much luck there. The stuff there was very nice and i love the red soil of the Kalahari. For me the most beautiful part of the soutafrican part of the trip was capetown and the wonderful table mountain scenery! It was much safer, than I thought before!
My wife enjoyed the Namaqualand with its flowerful deserts most! But to see this, you have to visit it during spring!
Most of the streets were easy to drive. In Kgalagadi it was a bit difficult! One amusing thing: Our 4x4 was equipped with winter tyres, which was not the best choice with temperatures up to 35 Celsius.
But we finished safe, and enjoyed our journey very much!

South Africans are exceptionally welcoming and are eager to share with you the bounty of their land. The biodiversity of the region is astounding and sure to please visitors of all ages.

A cultural meltingpot of the world's history in an amazingly eclectic country.

My time in South Africa was spent in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Johannesburg is a big city with lots of neat markets and was a perfect starting point for the trips I've done in southern Africa.
Cape Town is amazing! The culture and history are overflowing in every part of the city. There is just so much iconic history in Cape Town that I would recommend taking one of the city tour buses - it was a great way to take it all in and learn a lot. The preservation of old buildings and the demolished areas of District 6 portray a city comfortable with its past and interest in educating the masses.
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, nestled amongst the mountains represent a stunning collection of botanical knowledge. The gardens have rolling green lawns with Fynbos, proteas, and cycads everywhere. Proteas have the most amazing flowers and I would recommend going at time when the majority are in bloom - well worth the wait to see their brilliance.
Table Mountain is a must. It is an iconic natural feature and provides stunning views of the city.
From night clubs and posh bars to amazing food and incredible scenery. Cape Town has been the highlight of my trips to South Africa and I highly recommend it for everyone.

Amazing. The trip of a lifetime.

We went to SA to check off an item on our "bucket list" and we were not disappointed. We chose an intimate lodge (Simbambili) in the Sabi Sands Reserve, contiguous with Kruger Park.

It was dream vacation. The staff and accomodations were comfortable and personable, but unpretentious. The big 5 and other large animals were of course, the focus, but we were also graced by majsetic giraffes, spectacular birds, curious monkeys and other wildlife of many varieties. Our very experienced guide supplemented the sightings with lively discussions and environmental context.

We are now planning to make it at least a "twice in a lifetime" experience.

Fantastic experience

From first contact by email to all pick-ups, game drives & lodges- perfectly organised trip by SafariWithUs with professional, friendly staff! We were lucky and have seen the big 5 within the first 24 hours of arrival around Adventure Lodge & Kruger National Park. Personally my highlight was the Kurula lodge - unfenced with maximum 10 guests directly at a waterhole: take a swim in the pool or a bite while watching the wildlife coming to the waterhole! Staff was going above and beyond. Also our game drive guide actually read the traces and was very knowledgeable. Our tour guide / driver for the way back to Johannesburg along the Panoramic Route also was super friendly & we had a great conversation with him. Really recommendable experience!

Bucket list dreams realised

We had the most amazing visit to Kruger. Our safari with Outlook far exceeded all of our expectations and we will now have special memories to treasure forever. We got to see wildlife immediately on entering the park and got to see the Big 5 and so, so much more. It is an incredible place that you are able to see these animals in the wild. Our safari guide Brian was truly wonderful and we learnt so much from him. And we were totally spoiled by his wife Debbie at the Outlook Sabi River Lodge. Truly beautiful and warm couple who took an already exceptional experience to the next level. Their love for the wildlife and their clients is so apparent and genuine. I can honestly say that choosing to a safari with Outlook and staying at their Sabi River Lodge was one of the best travel decisions I have ever made.