User Reviews – South Africa

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 31-40 of 582 Reviews
Wonderful safari experience

Our safari experience was wonderful! We decided to visit Sabi Sands Reserve and Kruger National Park and it was a great decisions since these game reserves were different, but equally good. In Sabi Sands our driver was very knowledgeable, and went off roading several times for us to have the best sights. In Kruger drivers must stay on the road, but we had a private drive and plenty of animals to see. I would highly recommend this experience to everyone!

A peak into the cradle and origins of our planet.

Although predators sightings was limited as we only saw a family of cheetahs, the topography and geographic landscape were stunning and the amount of herbivores were plentiful. Regarding the living accommodations as well as food by far exceeded my expectations.

One of the best tours we have ever taken. A great adventure led by wonderful guides.

My family and I had a brilliant tour professionally organised by Christine and led by two fantastic guides Nik and Nick. Both guides were qualified, very experienced, knowledgeable and so much fun to be with. We managed to tick off the Big Five along with many many other wonderful sightings. The food was excellent and large portions. We opted to stay inside the Kruger Park for the Safari portion of the tour in the African huts which although dated were very clean and comfortable. When selecting accommodation please consider that you spend very little time in the accommodation. Once outside the park for the Panorama Route, we stayed at first class accommodation. If you are a first time traveller to South Africa and Kruger National Park, Christine will provide you with all the information you need for a great trip including what type of clothes to bring. I want to thank Nik and Nick for a memorable and fun 5 days. Finally a big thank you to Christine for organising our tour and sharing contacts for the rest of our South African itinerary. I can keep writing about how much fun we had on this 5 Day tour. My message to anyone considering a Safari in Kruger is contact Christine at Wildlife Safaris. I place this tour and experience as one of the best my family have ever taken.

So glad I did it!

I spent 4 days in Kruger which included a one-day private drive and a visit to the Elephant Sanctuary (which I highly recommend). Andrei was very helpful in arranging everything with multiple emails which he answered promptly and patiently. All the arrangements went like clockwork. The drives themselves ranged from okay to very good which is, of course, dependent on the game.

The best holiday

We have travelled most of the world now but this was the best holiday. We flew to Johannesburg and stayed a night then transferred to Tambuti Lodge. It could not have been better. The staff were awesome, the food, the lodge I cannot fault any of it.
The lady who helped me book it from Safari bookings then helped me free of charge to book Victoria falls for two nights which is a must do and then 2 weeks in cape town where we hired a car and travelled the garden route.
I recommend the whole experience. We based at the V & A hotel on v and a waterfront which was superb with great service. On the garden route we used high end guest houses where the service was impeccable.
Back to Tambuti lodge, we were there 3 nights and the game drives on this private reserve were just fabulous. Our guide Martin was very knowledgeable and just a great bloke.
The chef will greet you at dinner and introduce the food personally.
There is a free bar with free South African wines and champagnes.
Simply awesome!!!

Exceeded our Expectations

Where to begin. The People are wonderful, so welcoming, kind and polite. All of the accommodation was great. We did budget on actual safari, but all was clean and comfortable. Always great showers. Our airport hotel at J.berg was exceptional. More than I anticipated. All of our meals at the lodges were amazing. Our meals in various restaurants in Capetown were all of high quality. Nothing is overly expensive either. Transport was excellent, always felt in safe hands with experienced drivers. Our Game drivers were very good and great fun. As were our guides on our bush walks. Weather was good every day, though a few very hot days. To landscape is amazing, also being very much like Australia. In some spots breath taking. Obviously the highlight was to see so many of the wildlife up close. All in all I regret not going before hand. I really felt at home, whether it was on Safari in Kruger or relaxing in Capetown. Next trip ASAP.

Amazing

The scenery and wildlife was truly astonishing. South Africa has such a varied, lush, dramatic landscape that even just driving around is a pleasure. The animals were so beautiful and surreal to see in their natural habitat. The weather was good overall. Some rain but mostly sunshine and warmth and we didnt even get a single bug bite! In addition to the things intrinsic to South Africa, the people were so friendly and helpful everywhere we went. It was truly a trip of a lifetime.

Tranquil

Kruger park is amazing, with so many different species in their natural habitat. The tour included exactly what was in the description

Unique experience

We loved our trip to South Africa, nature and wildlife are so unspoiled and beautiful. Capetown was a surprise, and the weather helped a great deal, sunny almost every day with very little rain and not too hot for sightseeing.
Our stay at the Black Rhino Game lodge for the safari was also fantastic, all went smoothly with the airport transfers and the reserve was amazing, we saw lots of wild animals, loved the game drives and our guide was great. Highly recommended!

Wow, up close and personal with the magnificent wild life of South Africa!

After several trips to South Africa I have finally found what I have been looking for. This time I got to experience the real deal, staying in a bush camp on a private reserve. Wall to wall wildlife which because you are on a private reserve, you are driven right along side as the guides can take you off road. The accommodation was comfortable and clean in air conditioned tents; the food to die for (home cooked, traditional South Africa Food); my guides went above and beyond to give me my fill of wildlife and were very knowledgeable and passionate about their work. This trip has been such a highlight in my life so much so that I am returning to repeat it this coming winter.