User Reviews – South Africa

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 21-30 of 582 Reviews
Great unexpected experience!

This was a real paradise vacation for me and my wife! We did a Garden route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth and a Kruger park safari.
We did not expect such high quality of hiking trails (signs, markings, parking, supporting facilities, etc.) and got a lifetime experience.
The SA nature is just astonishing.
Food and accommodations were not expensive - we did not try to save, preferring better quality, but in general the offering is quite wide to match any budget.
Driving is easy, highways have great quality, expect to get some fines for over-speeding which is widely enforced :)
Safari of 2 days as more than enough - we would not be able to spend more days sitting in the car for such a long time.
Consider adding some bush-walking.
We got an excellent guide for the Panorama route, which succeeded in a short time to visit the best spots on the route and convey important and interesting facts of history, geography and economy.
We did the whole 2-weeks travel plan by ourselves and used Mmilo Tours via SafariBookings just for the Kruger safari and Panorama route.
Great vacation, will probably come back soon!
Extremely recommended!!!

Amazing experience

It was undoubtedly one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. Everything was wonderful ... the wildlife is amazing. We got to see all the Big Five and breathtaking scenery. The accommodations were wonderful, as were the meals. Our guides were awesome and did everything to make the games perfect. It is very worthwhile, it is an experience that everyone should do at least once in their life.

We had all the support from East Cape Tours through the consultant Tehillah Keller, which carried out all the scheduling procedures as needed. They were really incredible.

Five of the most amazing days of my life!

This trip was incredible! I came into it with low expectations, as I didn't want to be disappointed by being focused on the big five. The wildlife blew me away though, and I was pleasantly surprised with multiple leopard sightings. I'd heard that February isn't a great time to visit because the summer foliage makes it harder to see animals and they aren't concentrated at watering holes, but we saw lots of animals and the bonus of it being summer is that there were so many babies! The weather treated us well too. It was very hot during the day but we didn't get rained on (luckily; it rained like crazy and flooded many rivers in Kruger right after we left). The accommodations Tydon Safari Camp were rustic but fine. At Umkumbe they were phenomenal. I would 100% book this trip again.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Me & my wife went on our annual vacations. We booked 3 nights stay with safaribookings.com. It was extremely well planned & managed by Mr.Andre. He took care of each and every minor detail and made sure that we did not face any issue during our stay. From airport pick up to arranging halal food to taking us to Pilanesberg & then bringing us back, everything was perfectly executed.We stayed at Manyane resort to enjoy our safari. Our guide Thabbo also proved to be quite nice & friendly. Transportation, accommodations both at Jo'berg & Pilanesberg were quite amazing. Halal food was arranged easily everywhere. In short, if we have ten options to go book our safari expedition, every time i will book with Mr.Andre:extremely thankful to him.

Great first time safari for someone who hasn't done one before

The safari exceeded my expectations and made me want to do another one. This was really reasonably priced, and everything about it was awesome. The chalet I stayed in had a good ac unit, and was modern. The lodge and staff were very friendly, it even had a pool. The food was good. The driving wasn't far to Kruger park, and the guides were very observant and professional trying to show us everything we wanted to see. I managed to see all the big 5, and then some. I would recommend getting the morning drive on the 3rd day, it was worth it. This is a good safari experience, specifically if you are someone on a budget. If you have a bigger budget to do it big, maybe staying in the park would give you more opportunity to see the awesome animals.

Tydon Safaris-Highly Recommended

Went on a 4-day, 3-night safari with Tydon Safaris to Sabi Sands Preserve and Kruger National Park and had a wonderful time. The guides were knowledgable, nice, fun, laid back - just what you needed. The food and tents were fantastic. I have to say, i liked the type of safari done at Sabi Sands better than Kruger. It was truly off-roading and closer to nature. I saw everything i wanted to see and more!

i was picked up from my hotel in the joberg area and was driven solo to the tenting camp - glamping is more like it. it was a long drive, but not bad.

the drive back to Joberg airport was very scenic. we took the panoramic route.

Excellent lodge efficient friendly service amazing wildlife could not fault the experience

I enjoy South Africa the safari was the topping of the cake on our three week trip there

Such a special experience

I’ve travelled a lot and I’ve never been to a country like South Africa before. It’s so beautiful and diverse

An adventure of a lifetime

We traveled to South Africa for the first time this year ... and we're already trying to figure out when we can go back. We requested several quotes through Safari Bookings, and decided to used Justin Perumal of Paperjet travel. It was absolutely the best decision. Justin was AMAZING. He arranged for us to enjoy our safari at Phinda Vlei lodge for 3 nights. He was so helpful throughout the planning process. Not only did he answer questions from us almost every day, he also personally picked us up from the Durban airport and drove us to the lodge. He was very friendly and accommodating, and I would not hesitate to recommend his services and use him in the future for our next safari. During our trip, we visited several cities, including Cape Town and Durban. It is a magical country and can't wait to get back!!

Wonderful experience from a beautiful country

Amazing wild life, happy , friendly and kind people, excellent accommodations and food. The only problem was the lack of public transportation, this makes it difficult to go and visit places without a tour. It makes the trip more expensive.
A beautiful country to visit. Highly recommended