User Reviews – South Africa

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 41-50 of 535 Reviews
Great experience in the Kgalagadi

Our eight days in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park with Legend Safaris were great. Our guide, Arun, was friendly, knowledgeable and looked after us well. As well as knowing his stuff on the local wildlife, he was able to provide tips on getting the best photos of our sightings, and he is a great cook!

Our trip was split between the three camps of Twee Rivieren, Nossob and Mata Mata. We saw a lot of birdlife - becoming reasonably adept at identifying the ones we saw most often - as well as Oryx, Springbok, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, Eland, Honey badger, Jackel, Cape Fox, Bat-eared fox, Ostrich, Hyena, Wildebeest, Giraffe, Mongoose, Meerkat, Ground squirrel, Spring hare.

We saw a cheetah from a distance on the ridge, but had two great lion sightings. The first, spotted on the ridge, and heading towards the riverbed. Arun knew he was likely to be heading to the waterhole, and got us into the prime spot at the waterhole. We also saw a pride of lions on the day we departed the park - 1 male and five females. My wife was really chuffed to spot a caracal as sightings are apparently quite rare, and we got a good photo of it.

In short the Kgalagadi is a great place to visit, and Legend Safaris were a good choice for us. Its a long way to get there (especially if like us, you drive from Cape Town!) but well worth it.

The most amazing and eye opening experience.

We did a 4 night treehouse safari with VIVA Safaris and the experience was absolutely incredible. They took such good care of us from the delicious homemade food to making the most of all of our planned safari trips. The accommodations within our safari package were in the middle of the bush so it really made you feel as if you were in the safari mode. The guides are awesome and super knowledgeable and are really passionate about making the most out of your bush walk or game drive.

Once in a lifetime experience. If you are thinking about it, stop thinking and just do it!

Nicky was our tour guide. I can not praise her enough. She worked tirelessly to ensure our safari was memorable. Nicky was brimming with knowledge and enthusiasm. We were so glad we chose Wild Wings Safari.

One of the best experiences in my life!

The 3-day tour was amazing! We have seen all the big 5 and much more than that, our incredible tour Guide Liese, explained to us all the details and gave us a lot of information about the animals. At nights we have eaten some delicious food accompanied by a perfect wine. We had a lot of fun and Wildlife Safari did a perfect job from the first day we contacted them until the end of the experience. I completely recommend them! Liese, we miss you :)

Perfect Experience

We spent four nights at the Kapama River Lodge. From being picked up at Hoedspruit airport by Michael to being dropped off it was all perfect. Very friendly staff, very knowledgeable rangers and trackers and lovely food.

Awesome

I was traveling with my sister and my 18 year old granddaughters. The camp was definitely glamping and the food delicious. Our drives were exciting and we saw the big five up close and natural in their habitat. The camp was very sensitive to be ecologically aware. The only drawback was that we were unaware just how cold it would be at that time of year. Our fault for not checking the lower range at night. It was a memorable adventure for us all.

Fabulous planning and execution

The planning and execution by Safari Bookings was fabulous. Alex was helping us out with our stuff and he was available anytime we needed any suggestions, changes. The planning was to the tee and we found no hiccups. The stay at umkumbe private game reserve and Imbali were fabulous. It went beyond our expectations- the food, the hotels, the rooms and the game drives. Highly recommend Safari Bookings and a big shout out to Alex!!!

Most awesome game spotting ever!

We were three days in Imbali and two days in Arathusa, Sabi Sands. Imbali was a regular game viewing experience, Arathusa was tracking. Both were awesome. Lodges were top notch, service very good, but in both segments the safari experiences per se were really outstanding. We saw Big Five several times over. Extremely close-up encounters. Much better than I had expected. The logistics worked like clockwork, including local flights, transfers, etc.

The safari was amazing and exciting!

South africa in late June, early July ia beautiful! The weather was a little chilly in the morning, but warmed up to the 60's during the day. Our lodge at Hazyview was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly and accomodating. The food was very good!

Awesome Pilanesburg Full-Day Safari

My friends and I did the Sunrise Safari at Pilanesberg with Mmilo Tours. Our safari started super early in the morning where our driver Willem promptly picked us up from our hotel in Johannesburg. Willem was fantastic! He was knowledgable and provided great communication throughout our tour. He did his best to get as close up as he could to as many animals as he could. We saw 3 of the big 5 as the cats were not out during our safari, but seeing all of the other animals was just as great. We got so many nice photos and video. It was well worth it and I really enjoyed my overall experience. I would highly recommend this to others. Also, Mmilo Tours provided great communication before and after the safari. We had no issues throughout the entire process.