User Reviews – South Africa

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 51-60 of 95 Reviews

South Africa is the country for Wild life. With many Natural Reserves for safaris.
There is safaris for everybody. Oceans, Big Five, Birds....

I don't have much to compare it to, but I certainly enjoyed it. There wasn't a great deal of a "bush vibe" as there were almost always other tourists around.

Not a 5, because while the country's parks and staff are simply outstanding, there's an undercurrent of corruption and poaching which threatens its long term tourism prospects.

We also visited Pumba Game Reserve. This was smaller and didn't have the range of animals that Shamwari had. The accommodation was luxurious and the restaurant was good, but the guide was nowhere near as good as Shamwari.

The size of Kruger is huge, we asked our guide how long would it take to tour the park in total. The answer- THREE WEEKS!!!!

There are so many game reserves to visit with such a wide variety of game viewing and birding. We camp mostly so I can't comment of other accommodation or food.

South Africa is one of the most biologically diverse areas in the world. It has fantastic opportunities for people interested in all types of wildlife viewing.

Lots of animals & birds to sight in their natural habitat. The bush has a certain unique beauty about it but the drought had dried up a lot of creek beds & vegetation. It's exciting to witness wild animals in the wild - almost surreal at times.

It was the only safari I've ever been on, so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, for a first time, it was wonderful.