User Reviews – South Africa

A Birthday Celebration I'll Never Forget!

This was a trip to celebrate myself and my friends birthdays. We went for 10 days and had the most amazing time. This country is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life! We visited both Johannesburg and Capetown. Johannesburg is full of history and we revelled in it. Visited Lesedi cultural village, Mandela House and the apartheid museum and were greeted warmly by everyone we came in contact with. The dancing and singing and all over welcoming vibe made it a wonderful place to be. In Capetown, the views are breathe taking. On several occasions my friends and I just cried from the beautiful sites before us. We did experience a touch of racism at an establishment in Hermanus called Walker Bay Grill but we did not allow that to effect the rest of out trip. We had an amazing experience at Gold's restaurant, went whale watching, saw the penguins at Boulder beach and saw amazing street performances. I would love to come back to South Africa. This was a trip like none other.

Fantastic!

There were a few in the big 5 that we didn’t get to see so that was a little disappointing but we still enjoyed our time.
I wasn’t able to sit by my mother on the safari Jeep. I didn’t like being separated from her at all.

Amazing experience for a great price

Great staff, located inside a game reserve with good wildlife

Absolutely Amazing

This trip was the first stop on our African Honeymoon and I would not have changed a thing. We had a fantastic time and loved all of the amazing and thoughtful details of our trip. We had THE MOST amazing guide, Abrie, who was incredibly knowledgeable and accommodating. He made our trip exceptional. I cannot express how much we loved our trip and how the planning was all taken care of. Thank you so much for such an amazing trip and honeymoon!

It was absolutely fabulous, everything I imagined and more

Our guide was terrific in locating all the wildlife, which was easy to see from the vehicle. The scenery was very beautiful. The weather was warm and sunny with blue skies and cool nights. Our accommodations were first-rate, clean, neat and ready when we got there. Our guide Chris was fantastic and it was unbelievable how he knew where to look in the bush for different animals and his knowledge was extensive on the animals and their habits and history. Thale was awesome with getting our booking done and answered all my questions I had about traveling to Africa. I highly recommend Wild Planet Safari for a tour of Kruger Park. Our hotel accommodations were also very nice, clean all staff was friendly. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate this a 10. I highly recommend anybody thinking of going to Africa should do so.

Amazing experience

From the moment Tabo picked us up from our hotel in Johannesburg and drove us out here to when we witnessed all Big 5 animals from Kruger park with our guide Lucky this experience and resort is one not to miss. Staff here are super friendly and always smiling. Food selection is great, the cleanliness of the rooms is 5 star quality. Not one single insect or mosquito in our room despite being in the location it is during our 2 night stay was extremely impressive. The hotel cat is super cute and loves a cheeky treat from your dinner or breakfast plate. One of us is gluten intolerant and the staff were excellent in accommodating for this, the selection is limited however it was great they understood.
Our driver Lucky was what made the drive very informative and fun. We witnessed all Big 5 animals across both the sunset drive and the full day safari and he certainly knew his stuff & where to find them. I can’t speak highly enough of the staff and condition of the hotel here. They even decorated our bed with ‘’Happy Anniversary’’ for when we arrived! A++++++++

Amazing experience. I could see all kinds of animals walking freely, and all well mantained.

I had a great experience in general. Great wildlife (I could see the big 5), the scenery magnificent, the accommodations pretty good, well prepared for all kinds of travelers. The food was pretty good, the transportation system works perfectly, the guides are well prepared and are very concerned about the animals' well being and parks' cleanliness.

Amazing wildlife viewing and luxury accommodations

The reserve I was originally supposed to stay at closed unexpectedly, but Indigo Safaris was on top of it and booked me at Amakhosi instead and I am so glad they did! It was the highlight of my three weeks in Africa. The accommodations were luxurious, food was delicious and staff so welcoming to a solo traveler. I did not feel “alone” at all. And the game drives were phenomenal! The second half of my safari was at Rhino Ridge that had equally luxurious accommodations, but being in a larger park we did not get as many up close game drive encounters - the bush walk, however, got us so close to a rhino and her calf, we could have almost touched them (we didn’t! And the mama rhino obviously knew our guide and was comfortable with him.) RR was a larger place and not as easy to be a solo traveler, but still lovely. My only criticism is the limited WiFi.

Seamless and organized

Sandra helped me book a 3-day tour at the Black Rhino Lodge near Pilanesberg national park. My friends and I had an amazing experience there. Sandra was so easy to communicate and made me feel at ease throughout the whole planning process. Each step of the trip was perfect. We would love to return someday for another tour!

Armand from RhulaniSafaris exceeded all of my expectations and I would highly recommend the company.

RhulaniSafaris is a relatively new company run by Armand Grobler, a young (26 YO) South African who spent his formative years growing up in Australia. He is a wild life photographer who is lucky enough to fulfill a dream of sharing his passion for African wild animals through a personalized and professional safari experience. Armand is highly enthusiastic and passionate about the African wildlife and deeply cares about protecting their future. Everything he did was aimed towards making a truly memorable experience for us. His photographic expertise made him ideally suited to understand our needs and he went out of his way to ensure we were perfectly positioned to take great photographs. This is not just a job to Armand, it’s his life.
My daughter, son-in-law and I spent an amazing 5 days at the Buffelshoek Tented Safari Camp, Manyeleti Game Reserve, Umkumbe Safari Lodge, Sabi Sands and Blyde Wildlife Estate.
I would highly recommend including the Manyeleti Game Reserve in your safari. This is a relatively new public reserve and there was an abundance of animals, including the big 5. It wasn’t crowded with other safari vehicles and we were able to get close to the animals. We were even fortunate enough to see a pack of African wild dogs and to locate their den where there were three ~ four months old pups. It was amazing to see them playing and interacting in a totally carefree manner. The Buffelshoek tented accommodation while relatively basic was more than comfortable. This is a small camp accommodating up to 10 people. The food was superb and the staff were very friendly. Umkumbe Safari Lodge was more “up market”. The food and accommodation were excellent. There was free WIFI with limited data (can purchase more) available between 7am - 4pm in the communal area. The game drives were excellent but we didn’t see as many or varied animals as at Manyeleti. However, we did get to see the big 5 including 2 spectacular leopards. On our last night with Armand we stayed in a luxury house at the Blyde Wildlife Estate. This was a real highlight - comfortable and luxurious. My only regret was that we should have stayed for two rather than just one night. We finished with the Panorama Tour (God’s Window, Bourke’s Luck Potholes and 3 Rondawels); well worth the drive as the views were breathtaking.
I will remember the memories gained and our time with Armand forever. I could not recommend Armand and RhulaniSafaris highly enough.