User Reviews – Tanzania

The best you can get from safari tour in Tanzania !!!

June is the beginning of the high season where we can enjoy the game drives without encountering too many tourist while it is too early for the big migration. Overall, the weather was pretty nice. It rained for just one day with slightly cool temperature though the sunlight could be a bit strong at mid day. Of course we were excited when we travelled to Serengeti and witnessed how vast it is. Serengeti was in idylic setting where the grasses and the bushes were golden and greenish contrasted with either vibrantly blue or stormy sky. So, apart from taking photo of wild animals, it is fascinating for landscape photography as well.

We were surprised that the accomodations were decent and comfortable with quality of food and other services going beyond expectation. It was such a good feeling when you can still take a hot shower in the middle of no where in Serengeti hearing the howling hyenas at the same time. The portion for lunch box is quite big and could be dull when you have them for the seventh straight days. The quality of the lunch box is normally mediocre with a lot of carbs. As for the safari vehicle was of good condition, clean and safe. We made a right decision to travel in a group of 4 people having other 2 seats available for putting our bags and photography equipment.

What we like most about this trip is our guide, Nickson, from Savannah Explorers. We appreciate his kindness, politeness and extensive knowledge of the wildlife. He spoke English well and took into account what we needed during the trip. He was flexible while managed to control the daily schedules, and he did not hesitate to request us to do him a favor by leaving early, like 6 a.m., so that we would not miss anything like the scenic sunrise or the only black rhino we encountered during our last game drive in Ngorongoro Crater. Of course, we saw all of the African Big 5. We believe that we got almost every highlight during the trip, so we couldn't be any happier ticking off our bucket list. As we had a really great time in Tanzania, we will definitely recommend Nickson and Savannah Exploreres to our Thai friends.

Great Safari!

Birth place of mankind. Wonderful parks well protected.

We had a blast

From the minute my family and I stepped foot in Tanzania we were greeted with smiles from the immigration officials and the smiles never stopped from everyone we met until our departure.
We were lucky that we picked this time of year to visit as the rainy season just ended, the whole place was green and the weather was just perfect.
Our tour operator "Amos" made all the arrangements for us to be picked up from the airport by our amazing guide "Thomas", transferred to Selous game reserve, lodge arrangements and the safari trips in Selous.
The least I could say about the lodge is that it was a beautiful stay in well equipped cabins nested in the forest, most helpful and friendly staff, freshly prepared meals to our taste with attention to every need we had. And most of all we felt very safe.
We lost track of time during the following 3 days where we took the river boat ride, game reserve drive and the guided forest walk.
It was the most amazing experience seeing all kinds of animals in their natural habitat.. Elephants, Giraffes, Wildebeests, Impalas, Hippos, Crocodiles, Zebras, and a whole bunch of animals that I cannot even name.
Definitely a trip to repeat.

Soul of Tanzania provided an awesome safari with an experienced, knowledgeable guide!

Soul of Tanzania provided me with an experience of a lifetime. I went expecting to see some animals and beautiful scenery. I left with so much more! Erasto, my guide, was so knowledgeable and willing to teach me about the animals and their habitat. He made sure I saw all of the animals I wanted (the big 5, the ugly 5, the forgotten 5). I did not expect that I would walk away from the safari with so much knowledge!

Soul of Tanzania took great care of me while I was on safari. I stayed in beautiful hotels that were convenient to get to after a long day of game drives. The food was incredible - both at the hotels and on the picnics during the day. I am a vegetarian (and a picky eater), and I was full after every meal.

Erasto was not only a great guide, but he was a wonderful driver. He was very respectful of the animals, but he always made sure I could get a good view or a great photo without upsetting the animals. They carried on with their business despite our presence. He navigated the less than forgiving roads with care. We passed many broken down jeeps on our journey, but I felt confident that we would not meet that same fate. Erasto also seemed to be highly respected by the other drivers, so I felt like I had the best experience.

If you are going on safari, definitely use Soul of Tanzania to organize your trip. If you are lucky, you'll get Erasto as your guide!

epic solo two day safari at Mikumi Nat'l Park

My trip was once in a lifetime I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery I saw elephants giraffes zebras and Paula's baboons hippos, birds, and water buffalo. I will be back for Lions. Mikumi National Park was a gem and a treasure. Gecko Adventures was great and would definately recommend them. my guides was professional the lodge was accommodating. The food was great at camp Sebastian. This trip was everything that I expected.

Amazing experience by Rajab Tour

Our safari included Ngorogoro crater ,Serengetti and Tarangire Parks.
We saw animals anb birds for a lifetime.All accommodation and food was over expectation.
The company who made the trip is very helpful with professional guides.
We felt safe all the time,everywhere.
Thank you Rajab Tour.

Splendid Adventure

Visiting Tanzania has been on my bucket list since I was young. I'm not sure which I liked more the animals or the people. This is truly an amazing country.

This was the adventure of a lifetime!

Our guide “ Ziggy” went the extra mile to assure we saw all the animals we were excited to see. Leopards and rhinos are often difficult to spot, but Ziggy found them. Lions, zebras, wildebeests, giraffes and baboons were in abundance! Ziggy was also a skillful driver, navigating some pretty tough roads! He was an attentive guide and able to adjust the itinerary a bit according to his guests wishes.
The food was great, especially meals prepared by our own chef.

I weather was perfect the entire safari. June is a very good month to go, and I think a bit less crowded with other Safari vehicles.
My accommodations were varied. My favorite were The Rhino Lodge in Ngorongoro and a luxury tent in the Serengeti!

Fewer tourists and more animals. Wildebeest migration is stunning!

We saw hundreds of thousands of animals, some of them were very close. Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater were popular places but we did not see more than 20 cars at a time. All accommodations we stayed had hot water shower, electricity, and free WiFi. We did not need to get yellow fever shots. You may need a guide because the most of the roads do not have sign or direction. I recommend everyone who loves wild life to visit Tanzania.

Trip of a lifetime!

Our 5 day Safari was a trip of a lifetime!!! We are both huge animal lovers so there is nothing that brings us more joy than seeing animals in their natural habitat- no fences, land untouched by man. We found the Big Five (lions, elephants, leopards, rhino, & buffalo) along with endless amounts of hyenas, zebras, giraffes, wildebeest, gazelles, flamingos, jackals, baboons, monkeys, hippos, warthogs, and mongoose to our heart's content. We came across multiple prides of lions (9-10 per family!) and even watched as a wildebeest escaped a lion chase! We learned a lot about Tanzanian culture and even picked up some Swahili (Jambo Simba! :D ) Our favorite part was sleeping in the tented lodge at the Serengeti Camp- the absolute best accommodations and a must-do! Listening to the animals at night and seeing the giraffes sleeping outside our tent is an experience like no other. The Serengeti should be on everyone's bucket list but even more so is the Ngorogoro Crater! Words cannot describe how stunning this landscape is full of wildlife. Our trip was absolutely amazing but we know it would not have been as perfect if we didn't have the best guide there is, Omary Saidi! Omary is so knowledgeable about all of the animals and has a true passion for what he does. He was crucial for us to find all of the wildlife we wanted to see, especially the elusive endangered black rhino. He has a great sense of humor and is so kind with such a big heart for the people of Tanzania. We learned a lot from him and will be forever grateful we were blessed to have him as our guide. Thank you so much for such an unforgettable experience!