Tanzania

Sort by: 1-10 of 329 reviews
By Katie from United StatesUS
| 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: May 2017  -  Reviewed: 17 Jun 2017

Accommodating and friendly locals, amazing sights, easy flights and tour booking.

By Maria from United KingdomGB
Experience level: first safari
not rated
Visited: February 2017  -  Reviewed: 7 Jun 2017

the abundance of wildlife, stunning scenery

By andrea gordon from CanadaCA
| 50-65 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Visited: May 2017  -  Reviewed: 6 Jun 2017

In our one week safari we visited 3 National parks and saw the "Big 5", the "Ugly 5" and more. The experience was beyond my expectations as far as the wildlife seen and the accommodations.

By Catherine from ChinaCN
| 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Visited: April 2017  -  Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Amazing Tanzania

It was a wonderful Safari covering Masai Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire national parks in Kenya & Tanzania! We were so lucky to see all the animals we wanted, and the amazing view in Ngorongoro conservation area.
Allen was the guide and driver of Mama Savana Safari in Tanzania I booked from Wildlife. He has spread knowledge of wildlife and national parks. We got a lot of fun with Allen, he was patient, flexible, caring and accommodating our requests, in the last day he offered us an impressive lunch at local restaurant in Arusha!
I would recommend Mama Savana - If you book a tour I strongly recommend asking the company to have Allen as a designated guide.

By Pavan  from IndiaIN
| 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: August 2016  -  Reviewed: 30 Apr 2017

Serengeti and Ruaha are stars.Selous has great potential but 90 percent of the reserve is kept aside for hunting which is very frustrating and dumb.Trophy hunting in selous is rampant and for ulterior motives of politicians making money selous continues to be a hunting ground.If this park opens up fully for tourism and sends all the trophy hunters a strong signal to stay at home .This park is will be the best on this planet!Hope it happens soon!Its been proved tourism brings more revenue than stupid ,cruel and destructive trophy huntings!

By Enrico from United StatesUS
Visited: September 2016  -  Reviewed: 27 Apr 2017

There's nothing better. Great photography, great people, great food.

By Eleanore Avery from United StatesUS
| 65 years of age or older | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Visited: February 2012  -  Reviewed: 19 Apr 2017

After 25 safaris, Tanzania is the best.

My first safari was to South Africa in 1998. I have made 25 safaris since then and now visit only Tanzania and the Serengeti. I have traveled to West, South and North in Tanzania. I would not return to Katavi and Mahale. I would certainly recommend all the parks in southern (Selous, Ruaha, etc.). Tarangire is great for Elephant lovers in particular and one must visit the Ngorogoro crater at least once. The Serengeti has a year round perpetual migration of Zebras and Wildebeest. In the south one can see the birthing of about 5000 calves a DAY in February...and all the big cats are drawn to this supermarket. The 'middle' of the Serengeti is home to all the cats year round as well as elephants, and very busy, but not to be missed. The north holds my favorite camp...Sayari. This is where I go to witness big migration crossing Mara River in August/Sept., but this area has wildlife all year. Tanzania has everything....all the cats: Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, Servals and others. I have been to Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ruanda and Tanzania. My favorite wonderful safari experience is still Tanzania, and I am returning for my 26th safari (and 10th arranged by Vuriva safari company) in August 2017.... more

Link to this review 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By Schmidt from GermanyDE
Visited: February 2017  -  Reviewed: 31 Mar 2017

You can see the Big Five and many others.

Link to this review 2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By Stephen Pigott from AustraliaAU
Rating
Visited: March 2017  -  Reviewed: 25 Mar 2017

Saw the big 5 easy

Bring heeps of US dollars. Everybody wants payment in US$. I brought $3000us I should have brought $6000 for Kilimanjaro,safari,gorillas,Zanzibar,hotels,tips,day trips etc. I did 3 country's in east Africa. A stable currency is preferred over a fluctuating local currency. Foreign owned business have to pay tax in US$ I was told.

Link to this review 2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By Taha from United StatesUS
Visited: February 2017  -  Reviewed: 20 Mar 2017

Tanzania hosts the largest portion of the migratory route of the Wildebeest, Zebras and other wild animals as they search from North to South and follow the rains in the Serengeti National Park.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33

SafariBookings Expert Panel

Our panel of 22 experts wrote a total of 969 reviews about the countries and parks we cover.