​User Reviews – Uganda

Gerhard Mauracher   –
Austria AT
Visited: August 2011 Reviewed: Apr 20, 2012

Email Gerhard Mauracher  |  50-65 years of age

In Uganda you can see the green (more rainy) Africa, and you see two kinds of great apes. In other countries are more great herds (Tanzania, Kenya).

job2003   –
Australia AU
Visited: May 2008 Reviewed: Apr 18, 2012

50-65 years of age

I had a great experience in Uganda seeing all the animals I expected to see and more. Elephants,hippos,wart hogs,zebras, big horned cattle,weaver birds, azure kingfishers, storks, cranes, the crested crane, spoonbills, lions, gorillas,moneys,crocodiles, a magnifent leopard and beautiful butterflies in their thousands.

MW / NL   –
Netherlands NL
Visited: October 2010 Reviewed: Apr 18, 2012

Email MW / NL  |  35-50 years of age

Uganda is a very good (motorbike) safari destination. Beside all the other African wildlife you can see there, its one of the view country's where you can spot gorillas in the wild. We made an unforgettable safari through Uganda on motorbikes but the possibilities traveling by car or even bike are also good.

davisww Visited: March 2007 Reviewed: Apr 13, 2012

See the source of the Nile and the Mountains of the Moon in one trip.

Unlike other safari destinations in East Africa, Uganda has diverse geography--big rivers, mountain ranges and lakes-- that break the monotony of the high plains and make great backgrounds for photos. Uganda offers serious mountaineering, whitewater activities and gorilla trekking, in addition to the standard bush safari. Ugandans are friendly and more of them speak English than denizens of neighboring countries. It's well worth a visit.

Tomasz   –
Poland PL
Visited: February 2011 Reviewed: Apr 5, 2012

Email Tomasz  |  35-50 years of age

You won't be disappointed. You will see so many different animals and so many beautiful scenic. You will miss Uganda when you return home.

floppyjohn   –
Visited: August 2009 Reviewed: Nov 11, 2011

35-50 years of age

Uganda is amazingly fertile and beautiful. If it can remain at peace, it's people have a very bright future.

John Morse   –
Canada CA
Visited: May 2011 Reviewed: Oct 10, 2011

Email John Morse  |  20-35 years of age

Uganda was a pleasant surprise. I was there for 2 weeks and it was amazing. It is definitely in the top 5 places I have been in the world with it's beautiful layout in Kampala (the view of the city from one of the many hills is incredible), to the wildlife of the Nile.

Ruud   –
Netherlands NL
Visited: June 2010 Reviewed: Sep 26, 2011

20-35 years of age

Nice nature, beautifull kind people

Nice nature parcs, good weather!, nice accommodations in the nature!, I did the trip with a Dutch organisation: Matoke Tours. It was really nice!

OurDistantJourney   –
Visited: June 2008 Reviewed: Sep 21, 2011

35-50 years of age

Uganda is a great destination to get off the beaten track from countries such as Kenya and Tanzania.

We enjoyed our time in Uganda and saw a great variety of wildlife in the three parks that we visited. The weather in late June / early July was great. The food and accommodations at the parks were first-rate. The roads are a little challenging and take time to cover the distance, but add to the authentic feel of being on safari in Africa.

Dena   –
Canada CA
Visited: July 2011 Reviewed: Sep 15, 2011

Email Dena  |  20-35 years of age

I am not really in to birding, but I did notice quite a few different types of birds and some interesting coloured birds and our guide, a Park Ranger was able to tell me about them; but as I said, as I am not a birder not I'm not sure if this what one would be looking for. Having said that, if you have an interest in birds, I would assume you have an interest in wildlife in general, so I think it is still a not to be missed destination.

• 4.7/5