User Reviews – Uganda

So much better than I even dreamed!

Uganda is an absolutely beautiful country with green fields, farmlands, and mountains offering stunning vistas. You can drive around the country and tour multiple parks with a variety of animals - the volume of wildlife was incredible! Trekking to see the gorillas was definitely a highlight and worth every penny, but it was the daily viewing of wildlife both inside and outside the parks that made the biggest impression. There were giraffes on the side of the road even before we got to our first park! Every time I looked out the window of our vehicle I saw a herd of elephants, zebra, or giraffe - even a lion sitting by the side of the road. The friend I went with had been on safari in South Africa and she commented that Uganda had so many more animals in the parks. Uganda was an easy place to travel too. The people were welcoming and it seemed like everyone wants Uganda to be a successful tourist destination. We went with Terrain Safaris and our guide Moses was the nicest man who made sure we were always taken care of and were able to see everything we wanted to see. The lodging was better than I expected and there was absolutely no issue eating vegetarian meals (although this usually includes rice and potatoes at the same meal, it's apparently a guest lodge thing to do most likely to ensure no one leaves hungry!) although there weren't too many Ugandan dishes on offer - I would have loved to try more. The fruits and veggies were delicious though - tomatoes, bananas, pineapple, watermelon, tea, and coffee were available everywhere. I'd highly recommend traveling here - definitely go for the gorillas and wildlife but make sure you take time to enjoy the beautiful views of this amazing country!

An unforgettable experience

From the moment of arriving to Entebbe, Uganda felt to me a safe and friendly country. I went only to visit Bwindi National Park to see the gorillas and wish that I was able to spend more time as there is so much more to see.
I booked my gorilla permit in advance directly from UWA, hired a car and driver from a great local company, Self Drive Uganda, stayed in good clean and well priced accommodations and had a fantastic, problem free trip.

Specialour

Our driver Sula was exceptionally good, very fun, very knowledgeable, went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. We felt like he was part of our family.
Jesse Tom, the owner of lifetime experience was very organized and responsive. He took care of many special requests and even had to change
The dates of our trip without any problems. When
Our flight was delayed he came himself to the airport to pick us up
Great trip at a very good price. If we come again we will definitely use lifetime safari again and ask for Sula as our driver

Mountain Gorilla + Lake mburo

The Gorilla's trekking was one of the most incredible and spectacular experience in our life. Also Lake Mburo National Park was interesting. Guide was really ok.

Breathtaking!

Onan and Gerad with Wamba Safaris were the most hospitable and generous guides we could ask for. We went on an exhilarating morning game drive filled with Jacksons Hartbeasts, Impalas, Giraffes, Warthogs, Elephants, and Buffalo. When we didn't find a lion in the morning, our guides were determined to take us back out at night to see one. We were so lucky when we did find a single lioness out hunting at sunset, it was a breathtaking experience. Murchison Falls National Park is an incredibly beautiful place, which will make you feel truly immersed in Ugandan nature.

Magic experience with our Guide and all the staff of the hotel ! I recommend Speke Uganda Holidays !

Our guide from Speke uganda Holidays was very nice, smiling and professional .
The Birdnest Resort hotel at Lake Bunyonyi was beautiful with a fantastic view and a very nice and caring staff. Everything was perfect.
I really appreciated the human experience and the beauty of the landscapes.

And above all I will never forget the Gorilla Trekking experience...

Mamaland Safaris gave us a very memorable great experience for our 3 day Queen Elizabeth safari

The wildlife in Queen Elizabeth Park was excellent. We particularly loved getting up close to a pride of lions and seeing one of them in a tree. We managed to see a wide variety of birdlife, elephants, water buffalo, hippos, crocodiles, baboons and kob. The weather was good and we were able to do an evening safari as well as one during the day. Accommodation was nearby and met our needs. Our guide was attentive and very accommodating in meeting our requirements. The road into the park was full of pot holes so be prepared for a rough and sometimes slow ride into the park. Once you arrive it is worth it

Once in a lifetime experience that exceeded our expectations!

Mutanda Lake Lodge far exceeded our expectations as a jumping off point for gorilla trekking. The food was excellent and the cabins were private and very well kept up.

Beautiful country, well organized parks

Great parks and the UWA does a really great job (we visited Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth and Kibale Nat'l Parks). Very low tourist numbers compared to Kenya and Tanzania. Wildlife not as dense on savannah, but more than compensated by low tourist numbers and Rwenzori backdrop.

I had a wonderful time

Uganda is a beautiful country with many different wild life type. The gorilla trekking was for sure a highlight but I have also enjoyed seeing the chips. As for other wild life type, I have seen many girrafes and tons of king fishers. The viewing of other animals, such as elephants or lions may not have been as good as in some other parks, such as Ethocia or Chobe but it was not bad. The most surprising part of the trip was seeing the poverty. Uganda must have the most corrupt and shameless politicians. In the 21st century people are still walking miles to get water and their roads are some of the worst of any places.

• 4.7/5