User Reviews – Kenya

Exceptional journey

I've been asked recently what was my favorite trip (I've travelled to nearly 30 countries), and while it's hard to answer, Kenya will definitely be apart.
I did not know what to expect really, it's been breath-taking. The safari was beyond my expectations and the few days in Diani were very restful.
Kenyan people are very friendly and you can feel good vibes in this country.
Clearly a must-visit (always with good vibes!)

Fantastic

Everything about this was great! From the guide to the accommodations to the Masai Mara. Highly recommend.

Excellent

We saw all the big five and much more in the Masai Mara game reserve. The roads to the Masai Mara from Nairobi were a mixture of good to really bad bone shaking with the latter part of the journey near and into the reserve the worst. The lodge that we stayed at was good although due to renovations some of the amenities were not available. Food was very good as was the friendliness of the staff. Scenery in the Masai Mara is not that spectacular apart from the wildlife. Our guide was excellent and knew his stuff to ensure we saw all that you could hope to see. Weather was ideal as it was not too hot. We also visited Lake Naivasha and Lake Nakuru again both really nice and the lodge in Lake Nakuru game park was excellent.

One in a life time experience!

This was a memorable experience. As a woman traveling alone I highly recommend this Safari. Everyone was really kind and Kikitu, our travel guide was the best. We got to see all the animals at the Massai. Acommodation was great as well! I completely recommend all the experience.

An amazing experience viewing the wild animals in the beautiful Maasai Mara.

The Maasai Mara is a 6 hour drive from Nairobi and half of this is on rough or non existent road but well worth the journey. It was supposed to be the rainy season but we saw little rain which is not good for the animals or crops. Our guide John was fantastic, he ensured that we saw as much of the wildlife as we could possibly see, unfortunately we missed out on the rhino of the big 5. We visited the Maasai Warrior village where we were made very welcome and we were able to view the traditional way of life and meet the villagers. We stayed at Sopa Lodge where accommodation and food were excellent. The scenery was breath taking, so beautiful, it was a fantastic trip.

Most amazing experience of my life!!

My mom and I took a trip to Kenya in March and I do not have enough words to explain how amazing it was! We flew into Nairobi and then Classic Journeys picked us up for our safari right at our hotel. The entire experience was top notch, from our wonderful and informative guide Charles to our stay at Loyk Mara Camp to the delicious food and of course, seeing so many animals in their natural habitat.

Our accommodations were pristine and the staff was so friendly and helpful. It was definitely like "glamping," but I will never forget falling asleep to all the sounds of the Masai Mara (mostly hippos calling out in the night).

I am not kidding when I say I have thought about this trip every single day since we have been back, longing to hop on a plane and go back and take all of my family and friends with me. If you are thinking about going to Kenya and booking with Classic Journeys, DO IT!! You will not regret it one bit.

Wonderfull

We booked our safari with Beacon Safari’s. The trip was awesome!! Our guide Ken took us on a 5 day inc Masai Mara, Amboseli and Naivasha. I really think he gave us the extra bit too make our safari perfect. Personally i would advice too dpend most of the time in Mara. The landscape there is magnificent and the wildlife abundant and diverse. Amboseli is good for spotting large group of elephants and in Naivasha you can walk between some animals.

Thanks again Ken!!

Great safari in Kenya

Kenya is very turist friendly, it has got lots of beautiful Parks reached with wild life that you will never forget!

Wild kingdom exist!

Mostly our experiences are extraordinary and good in Kenya. Our game drive which was provided by Ewamanns Safaris should included drop off to our hotel, but we ended up to pay the fee to a driver. According to the driver and associates, Ewamanns Safaris
had not clear the payment to them, and I told them that I have nothing to do with their issue since I had pay the total due in advance. Well, it was totally upsetting.

Most amazing experience of my life

From start to finish, everything surpassed my expectations. Communicating with Robert of Beacon Safaris was so easy. He went out of his way to answer all questions. We need to thank him especially for hooking us up with our guide Ken. He was the perfect combo of professionalism, knowledge and charm, making him the perfect catalyst to the perfect trip. He was intent on introducing us to the big five and then some. He was so in tune with the animals that he amazed us by recognizing a lion that we had seen the previous day, pointing out the scars on his face. He always made us feel safe and calm (even when an elephant bull charged our jeep). Our accommodations were termed "luxury tent lodges" and were comfortable and clean. We felt like we were living a scene from Out of Africa. Taking the boat to Crescent Island was an added perk. We got to see some beautiful birdlife and got to walk among the giraffes and zebras. Even the weather cooperated. Temps were in the mid 70F range with just one short rainfall which actually was a blessing in disguise because we got to see the most beautiful rainbow.