Popular Routes – Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe's Best (1 to 2 weeks)
You'll most likely arrive in the country at Victoria Falls Airport (VFA), near the famous Victoria Falls.
- Victoria Falls (1 to 2 days) is Africa’s most spectacular waterfall. In addition to viewing the waterfall, activities are plentiful, including boat trips, canoeing and helicopter flights. Going to a traditional dance show is highly recommended as well.
- Zambezi National Park (0.5 day) is a small park and can easily be visited on a day trip from Victoria Falls. Elephant and buffalo are plentiful and there is a good variety of antelope, including the majestic sable.
- Hwange National Park (2 to 4 days) is only a short drive away. Wildlife viewing tends to be good here, especially at the end of the Dry season when you’ll encounter hundreds of elephant congregating around waterholes.
- Mana Pools National Park (2 to 4 days), in the north of the country on the Zambezi River, is highly recommended for the adventurous traveler. Here the focus lies on walking and canoeing instead of the more conventional game drives. Watching wildlife from a canoe gives a different perspective to a safari and is not for the faint-hearted.
- Matobo National Park (1 to 2 days) can be done as an alternative to Mana Pools as it is located in the south of the country. This park is famous for its dramatic rock landscape and San rock paintings.
- Great Zimbabwe, a ruined city that was once the capital and now holds the remains of one of Africa’s greatest civilizations
- Lake Kariba for boating and fishing