Getting There – Zimbabwe
Few airlines fly directly to Zimbabwe. Most people fly to Johannesburg and from there connect to Harare, Victoria Falls or Bulawayo on the same day. Most tourists fly to Victoria Falls Airport (VFA), located 18km/11mi south of the town of Victoria Falls, and continue from there by vehicle or charter planes. Hwange, Zimbabwe's most popular park, is situated within driving distance of Victoria Falls. However you choose to travel, in most cases, your local tour operator will arrange pick-up from the airport and further transportation as part of your safari package.
Please check Skyscanner, or for multiple-destination flights check Expedia, to see which airlines can take you to Zimbabwe and what tickets would cost.
Limited scheduled domestic flights within Zimbabwe can be booked with the following carriers:
- Air Zimbabwe (flies between Harare, Bulawayo and Victoria Falls)
- Fastjet (flies between Harare and Victoria Falls)
Entry requirements can change, so please contact your local Zimbabwe Embassy and the Zimbabwe e-visa website to verify the information below is current.
- A passport is required for all foreign visitors and has to be valid for at least six months.
- Passports must have at least three empty pages.
- Citizens of most countries require a visa, which can be obtained at arrival.
- A list of countries whose citizens don't require a visa or can acquire one upon arrival is available.
- A list of countries whose citizens are required to obtain their visa in advance is available.
- When arriving from a yellow-fever-infected country, a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required.