​User Reviews – Kenya

Charlie   –

Email Charlie  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

We found Kenya a friendly welcoming country with incredible geographical diversity.

Our experience was incredible, we went from a vibrant cosmopolitan city to plains ravaged by drought to lush mountains and brilliant lakes. The people we encountered were very friendly and welcoming.

Ben Krug   –

Email Ben Krug  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Significant variety of animals and birds

I'd always associated Kenya with African Safari's, and Kenya did not disappoint. This was my first Safari, so I used SafariBookings.com to filter through the hundreds of options and safari companies. The organization and detail made it significantly easier to research than had I just searched for safari companies in Kenya. Ended up in Amboseli National Park using Beacon Safaris. What amazed me was the number of animals visible at almost any time. The park is small, by Kenya standards, which may have helped the concentration. But for folks like me, it was great. Some of the roads and traffic around Nairobi were not the best, but I wasn't there to inspect the transportation system. For viewing animals, it was great. The trip did nothing to change my opinion that Kenya is a great place for a successful safari!

William Winton   –
Canada CA

Email William Winton  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

The staff is amazing and the food is very good.

I have been to this destination on a Royal African safari, we spent six days in Kenya and in addition to the Masai Mara and Amboseli we also spent two days at Lake Naivasha and the Naivasha House which is a wonderful place to relax before or after your safari. We stayed in the Amboseli Serena Hotel and found it to be an excellent place to stay. The staff is amazing and the food is very good.

Whitney van Arsdale   –
Visited: November 2022 Reviewed: Nov 14, 2022

Email Whitney van Arsdale  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Kenya is everything you thought it was and more

Kenya Safari Tour Info:
First off, YES! This is your sign to book that trip you have been hesitating on. I was originally doing this trip solo but my bestie came through and provided some peace of mind. This was my 6thcontinent (Antarctica 2023, I’m comin for ya!) so I have quite a bit travel experience under my belt.
Food: AMAZING. It was all like home cooking, but by that friends mom that makes the best food! Also, very vegan friendly.
Accommodations: I expected to literally be camping in the dirt, so our “tent” had a full bathroom in it and I was not disappointed.
Weather: Went in last October. 75°F for the high, mid-50°F for the low, almost no humidity. I live in South Florida and this weather was heaven. I saw a total of one mosquito – but trust me, take your malaria prophylaxis, malaria is no joke! [epidemiologist here so I know what I’m talking about].
Our Safari: We did a 6 day safari with Lenchada Safaris, a locally owned and operator tour company. And from start to finish, this was the trip of a lifetime. We did the 6 day private tour of Amboseli NP, Nakuru NP, and Masai Mara. Everything was above and beyond anything I expected. I thought, surely there is no way this was a private tour for the price being so much lower than other companies I looked at, but it was! I thought surely we will get the most basic of accommodations, but we didn't! Surely we won't see all of the animals, but we most definitely did! Okay, that last one really isn't 100% in the tour guide's control, but Joshua's 20+ years of tour guide experience allowed him to help put us in the right place at the right time. Joshua was keen enough to pick up on subtle things too, like a growing interest in birding and was able to help me grow and develop in that field. We never felt once felt unsafe or uncomfortable or like we were being fed into the tourist souvenir traps at the rest stop.
Final Tip(s): Invest in a good camera (or borrow one from your photography friends) so you can fill your home with beautiful art when you get back from your real-life NatGeo experience.

Sigve Austheim   –
Kenya KE
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Nov 11, 2022

Email Sigve Austheim  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Amazing!

We visited Masai Mara for a weekend and used SafariBookings. We booked tent accommodation just outside the park, which was all in all very good. Our guide was fantastic and took us for some fantastic wildlife. Would absolutely recommend them. Very good value for money we thought.

Anil Kumar   –
India IN
Visited: October 2022 Reviewed: Nov 9, 2022

Email Anil Kumar  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Magical and as always fascinating.

This was my fifth trip ( yes fifth) to Masai mara, and as always it never dissapoints you. Its full of animals ( the big four) as Rhino is only available in Lake Nakuru National Park. Pricing is quiet reasonable, the food, the ambiance, the sound of laughing hyenas and lions at night coming to your tents at night make it so adventurous. So its a highly recommended trip for nature lovers. As always I booked through safari bookings, the best online company which gives a huge choice to pick your tour operator.

Avtar Bains   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: October 2022 Reviewed: Nov 7, 2022

Email Avtar Bains  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

5 day Safari in ol Pejeta, Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara

It was excellent experience. Smooth booking to actual tour was fabulous. Every resort was very beautiful and sumptuous in facilities.

Kris   –
Qatar QA
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Nov 6, 2022

Email Kris  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Great trip

The wildlife was amazing. I would definetly recommend the hot air balloon.

Keith Jacquard   –
Canada CA
Visited: October 2022 Reviewed: Nov 6, 2022

Email Keith Jacquard  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Very diverse, the locals were very friendly and helpful, it was a lot to take in but in a good way.

This was our first safari experience. We selected a budget safari and the company ensured that our eight days were filled with game drives and excursions. We saw the big five and so many other animals, we took well over 1500 pictures. The itinerary had to be flexible as we were on an eight-day safari and other members of our group were on a six. I would suggest that changes to the itinerary get communicated a bit better, we found out at a lunch break that we were being moved to another guide to complete our tour which was a bit of a surprise. Our two guides, Jackson and Eric were amazing. One thing we weren't prepared for was the amount of driving between the parks as we covered Masai Mara, Amboseli and Nakuru. It did give us a look at very different eco systems, Masai Mara was both green and a bit drought affected, Nakuru was very lush and Amboseli was very dry. The meals provided were very repetitive at all the accommodations. The eco camps were excellent accommodations, the hotels were not as comfortable and clean as the eco camps.

Johan   –
Germany DE
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Nov 5, 2022

Email Johan  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Textbook African safari

The sheer quantity of wildlife is what distinguishes Kenya (and Tanzania) from the rest of Africa. The option of visiting several parks (we did Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha and Hell's gate NP, and Maasai Mara), each with distinct features, in a relatively short amount of time means that you can easily spend a whole week or more on safari without getting bored. The friendly people top it all off.