User Reviews – Uganda

Wildlife, culture, scenery, simple way of living: Uganda in a nutshell

Uganda is still one of the countries people are unsure about traveling to, due to a once turbulent past. Not any more, it is safe, it is enjoyable, the people are friendly and welcoming, the land is vast with savannas, jungles, and mist covered mountains. On many trips what you see is not like the image you have projected into your minds eye, not so with Uganda, it is everything you hope for and much more.
From hearing the chimpanzees calling to each other high in the tree tops, to sitting next to a mountain gorilla while it feeds, to witnessing a herd of elephants pass before you on the road, Uganda is an amazing and spectacular experience.

Awesome

We had a fantastic Safari with Saso company and our driver Ronnie. Murchinson Falls is really beautiful. the safari was also well organized. We were picked in our hotel in Kampala on time, and went straight up to the falls. Also the game drives were superb. Unfortunatly we had to cancel our boat trip, due to weather conditions. Saso Tours? Ever and ever again!

So much better than I even dreamed!

Uganda is an absolutely beautiful country with green fields, farmlands, and mountains offering stunning vistas. You can drive around the country and tour multiple parks with a variety of animals - the volume of wildlife was incredible! Trekking to see the gorillas was definitely a highlight and worth every penny, but it was the daily viewing of wildlife both inside and outside the parks that made the biggest impression. There were giraffes on the side of the road even before we got to our first park! Every time I looked out the window of our vehicle I saw a herd of elephants, zebra, or giraffe - even a lion sitting by the side of the road. The friend I went with had been on safari in South Africa and she commented that Uganda had so many more animals in the parks. Uganda was an easy place to travel too. The people were welcoming and it seemed like everyone wants Uganda to be a successful tourist destination. We went with Terrain Safaris and our guide Moses was the nicest man who made sure we were always taken care of and were able to see everything we wanted to see. The lodging was better than I expected and there was absolutely no issue eating vegetarian meals (although this usually includes rice and potatoes at the same meal, it's apparently a guest lodge thing to do most likely to ensure no one leaves hungry!) although there weren't too many Ugandan dishes on offer - I would have loved to try more. The fruits and veggies were delicious though - tomatoes, bananas, pineapple, watermelon, tea, and coffee were available everywhere. I'd highly recommend traveling here - definitely go for the gorillas and wildlife but make sure you take time to enjoy the beautiful views of this amazing country!

An unforgettable experience

From the moment of arriving to Entebbe, Uganda felt to me a safe and friendly country. I went only to visit Bwindi National Park to see the gorillas and wish that I was able to spend more time as there is so much more to see.
I booked my gorilla permit in advance directly from UWA, hired a car and driver from a great local company, Self Drive Uganda, stayed in good clean and well priced accommodations and had a fantastic, problem free trip.

Uganda is a place full of contrasts, sometimes in a positive way other times in negative

In Uganda you can live many experiences, some incredibles others not so much, sometimes there are certain social dynamics that make it difficult to move quietly in certain areas so you should always be well informed about safety. Public transport is not so easy, but it is a great adventure. The food often does not have a salad and soft drinks are sweet, sweet.

Specialour

Our driver Sula was exceptionally good, very fun, very knowledgeable, went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. We felt like he was part of our family.
Jesse Tom, the owner of lifetime experience was very organized and responsive. He took care of many special requests and even had to change
The dates of our trip without any problems. When
Our flight was delayed he came himself to the airport to pick us up
Great trip at a very good price. If we come again we will definitely use lifetime safari again and ask for Sula as our driver

If I went again, I'd use a different guide company.

The scenery was nice and we saw a few animals but overall the trip was less enjoyable than I would have liked. Kibale Tours didn't do a great job with planning. They used a car that wasn't advertised and that was really uncomfortable. We had to stop numerous times when we were in a rush to do various things that should have been done beforehand. On the trip home, the guide put the wrong type of gas in the car and we had to wait for 3 hours on the side of the road while the tank was drained and the battery changed.

Mountain Gorilla + Lake mburo

The Gorilla's trekking was one of the most incredible and spectacular experience in our life. Also Lake Mburo National Park was interesting. Guide was really ok.

Breathtaking!

Onan and Gerad with Wamba Safaris were the most hospitable and generous guides we could ask for. We went on an exhilarating morning game drive filled with Jacksons Hartbeasts, Impalas, Giraffes, Warthogs, Elephants, and Buffalo. When we didn't find a lion in the morning, our guides were determined to take us back out at night to see one. We were so lucky when we did find a single lioness out hunting at sunset, it was a breathtaking experience. Murchison Falls National Park is an incredibly beautiful place, which will make you feel truly immersed in Ugandan nature.

Magic experience with our Guide and all the staff of the hotel ! I recommend Speke Uganda Holidays !

Our guide from Speke uganda Holidays was very nice, smiling and professional .
The Birdnest Resort hotel at Lake Bunyonyi was beautiful with a fantastic view and a very nice and caring staff. Everything was perfect.
I really appreciated the human experience and the beauty of the landscapes.

And above all I will never forget the Gorilla Trekking experience...

• 4.7/5